The voting for Gujarat polls was held on Saturday. Votes were counted on Monday in Navsari, Valsad, Anand and Amreli. Among these, Valsad reportedly recorded the lowest voter turnout at 60 percent. During the voting in Valsad, a youth was arrested for trying to cast his vote using a fake voter ID. Amreli is notably a Patidar-dominated region.
Here are the updates:
- Congress wins Rajula municipality in Amreli, bags 27 out of 28 seats.
- BJP wins Vallabh Vidyanagar Municipality, bags 24 seats in six wards in Anand. No seat to Congress.
BJP wins 23 seats in Lathi municipality in Amreli district.
- There's a tie in Pardi municipality in Valsad district with both BJP and Congress winning 14 seats each.
- In Anand district, one goes to independent, three to Congress in Ward number 1 in Boriavi municipality.
- BJP emerges victorious in Vallabh Vidyanagar municipality in Anand district.
- BJP wins Karamsad municipality in Anand district.
- BJP wins Chalala municipality in Amreli district.
- Congress wins Rajula municipality seats in Amreli district.
- BJP wins all wards in Vidyanagar municipality in Anand district.
- BJP wins ward number 1 of Bilimora Nagar municipality in Navsari district.
- Congress panel wins ward no 3 in Amreli district's Lathi municipality.
- Reports of scuffle between political workers and policemen outside a school in Valsad where counting of votes is taking place.
- BJP wins ward numbers 1 and 2 of Vidyanagar municipality in Anand district.
- BJP panel wins two wards in Boriavi municipality while the Congress bags three wards in Karamsad in Anand district in Gujarat.
- BJP leading in Vidyanagar ward seat in Anand.