The 140th rath yatra of Lord Jagannath on Sunday commenced in the city amid tight security as lakhs of devotees flocked the 15-km journey route to catch a glimpse of the deity.
Monsoon has advanced further in Saurashtra, the department said.
The minister's comment comes in the backdrop of apprehensions being expressed by the people, especially in the southern states over the usage of Hindi language.
PM Narendra Modi on Wednesday led over 50,000 yoga enthusiasts in performing 'asanas' in Lucknow amid showers on the International Day of Yoga.
A day ahead of the International Yoga Day on June 21, Ramdev appreciated the efforts of the National Democratic Alliance for celebrating it on a huge scale.
Two books -- 'Letters to Gandhi' and 'Pioneers of Satyagraha' -- were released on the occasion today.
The Sardar Sarovar Project will provide irrigation facilities to 18.45 lac hectares of land, covering 3,112 villages of 73 talukas in 15 districts of Gujarat, through a canal network.
The urea bags have been made available in 45 kg, in place of the 50 kg bags available in the past. Usually, farmers calculate how much urea they need for one acre of farm land in terms of bags.
Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani on Saturday flagged off Gandhi Darshan Astha Special Train from Sabarmati Railway station on the completion of 100 year of Sabarmti Ashram.
Mahatma Gandhi lived in the ashram, situated on the banks of Sabarmati river here along with his wife Kasturba from 1917 and 1930.
Nishita Purohit, a teenage girl from Gujarat`s Surat District who recently took the social media by storm with her astonishing performance in the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) examination, aspires to become a cardiac surgeon.
Two brothers were arrested on Wednesday for allegedly killing their 28-year-old sister to protect the family 'honour' by forcing her to consume poison in Jasdan village of the district last month.
The Gujarat Prohibition (Amendment) Bill, 2017 was passed by the state Assembly in February this year and subsequently became an Act in March.
The authorities in Gujarat detained a man who threw bangles at Union Textiles Minister Smriti Irani while she was addressing a function at Amreli town in Gujarat on Monday.
The lady teacher got the shock of her life when she read the pornographic material.
In an operation carried out on Delhi-Goa Rajdhani Express after it halted at Vadodara railway station today, the NCB sleuths arrested Peter Chinedu Okafor with 843 gram amphetamine, 255 gram cocaine, and 65 gram ecstasy tablets from his possession, NCB Zonal Director Hariom Gandhi said.
The court noted that despite being asked to join the investigation, Kumar has not joined the probe and he is evading execution of NBW.
Varshil Shah, who got a 99.9 percentile in Class 12, is all set to become a Jain monk.
Gujarat Chief Minister on Sunday aided four women who were injured in a road accident by getting them rushed them to a hospital in one of his convoy vehicles.
Police on Saturday seized Indian Made Foreign Liquor (IMFL) and beer bottles worth Rs 36.59 lakh from a truck at a toll booth at Bharthan village in the district.
The ATP (Ahmedabad Traffic Police) mobile application is directly connected with the police control room, which would then generate an e-challan to that offender.
Though police managed to nab the duo, who was carrying a box, the car driver drove off after spotting law enforcement personnel.
GSEB SSC Results 2017, Gujarat SSC 10th Board Results 2017, GSEB SSC Result 2017 declared by the Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board (GSEB) on Monday.
At least three persons were killed and four others injured when a bus rammed into another stationary bus at a village near here on Thursday, police said.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi was in Gandhinagar yesterday to inaugurate the 52nd Annual Meetings of the African Development Bank.
Candidates can check Gujarat CET Result 2017 here: gseb.org
The PM said the ports are essential for India's progress.
BJP MP and Bollywood veteran Paresh Rawal has sparked a controversy by one of his tweets.
On the second day of his visit, the Prime Minister will visit Gandhinagar to participate in the opening ceremony of the meetings of the African Development Bank Group.
Sleuths of the Gandhidham regional unit of DRI seized the gold from a consignment of Param Equipments Pvt Ltd, concealed in a frame of egg incubator last night, DRI deputy director HK Singh told reporters.
- DNA: Boris Becker declared bankrupt over long-standing debt
- Separatist leader Yasin Malik arrested in Srinagar
- Boys try to hit SHO by car in Gurugram - Watch
- EC disqualifies MP minister over incorrect filing of election expenditure
- Lady police officer scolds BJP leader over arrogant behaviour in UP
- Bihar: Are the Presidential elections causing a rift in the Mahagathbandhan?
- DNA: Nonstop News
- DNA : Non Stop News, 24 June 2017
- DNA: Analysis of Haryana's village with shameful gender ratio
- DNA: Police officer stoned to death by angry mob outside Jamia Masjid in Srinagar
- DNA: Home BP machines giving wrong readings
- DNA: Today in History, June 24, 2017
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in Naushera sector, commando operation continues over 20 hours
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Narendra Modi conveys his wishes to the nation on Eid
- Heavy rains in Mumbai trigger warnings of high tide
- WATCH: Jason Roy becomes first man ever to be dismissed for obstructing field in T20Is
- Eman Ahmed, once dubbed as world’s heaviest woman, can now sit and eat on her own
- Adam Gilchrist casts doubt on MS Dhoni, Yuvraj Singh's continuity till 2019 World Cup
- 2017 Australian Open Super Series Final: As it happened...
- Airtel extends 30GB free data offer for another 3 months – Check out details
- Nitish Kumar uncomfortable in grand alliance with RJD, Congress, will welcome him if he joins NDA: BJP
- Mohammad Nabi thanks BCCI for helping Afghanistan get Test status; hopes to play first 5-day match against India
- Subramanian Swamy says security cover given to Mirwaiz Umar Farooq should be revoked
- West Bengal: BJP demands CM Mamata Banerjee's resignation over attack on MP George Baker
- Sridevi REVEALS why she refused to play Sivagami in SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali'!
- The Kapil Sharma Show: Kiku Sharda welcomes Chandan Prabhakar back with a heartfelt message!
- Sheep gives birth to 'half-human half-animal' lamb in South Africa
- Virat Kohli's picture 'peeping through dressing room' goes viral, Twitterati come up with hilarious captions
- Jasprit Bumrah's fiery post makes Jaipur Traffic Police delete Tweet, issue clarification to Indian speedster
- Baby Elephant chases birds and falls face-down at Sweden zoo – Watch