The Gujarat CID on Sunday formed a committee to monitor the on-going probe into the Naliya gang-rape case by the Special Investigation Team (SIT), which arrested four local BJP leaders for their alleged involvement in the crime.
The mortal remains of Lance Naik Gopal Singh Bhadoria, martyred in a gun-battle with terrorists in Jammu and Kashmir, were today consigned to flames here as thousands of grieving local residents and relatives bid a tearful adieu to the valiant soldier.
Police raided a liquor party and arrested at least 29 NID students from a private apartment in liquor party area here, police said.
Gujarat Patidar leader Hardik Patel on Thursday reiterated that he had not joined any political party and would prefer to remain the face of the Patel community's agitation for reservation in government jobs and educational institutions under the OBC quota.
Shiv Sena's decision comes just ahead of Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) elections which will take place on February 21.
A scuffle between two groups of Indian and foreign students on a private university campus near Vadodara left at least 20 youths injured, including nine from abroad, the state police said on Sunday.
A panipuri vendor has been put behind bars because he used to mix toilet cleaner in 'paani' (panipuri water).
As many as nine students were injured in a clash among them at a private educational institution here, police said on Gujarat.
Delhi's ruling AAP is due to hold a massive road show in Gujarat's Gandhinagar on March 26.
At least 12 Youth Congress workers on Sunday were arrested for showing black flags to Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu and garlanding him with black cloth as soon he stepped out of his vehicle in Nanpura.
Sabarmati Express was torched at the Godhra Railway Station on February 27, 2002.
All 28 accused in a post-Godhra riots case have been acquitted by a Gandhinagar court which cited lack of substantial evidence against them.
Gujarat High Court orders govt to pay salary due to home guard jawans.
Security agencies have seized suspicious Pakistani boats in the Sir Creek area of the Kuchh region in Gujarat, report said on Thursday.
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on Wednesday announced two new All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in Jharkhand and Gujarat as part of increasing healthcare in the country.
Tension gripped Godadara locality on the city outskirts today after the severed head of a calf was found on the road enraging the crowd that pelted stones at the cops and indulged in arson, police said.
Sadhvi Jayshree Giri, arrested on Friday in a cheating case, is the prime accused in the 2008 murder of her spiritual guru and head of Mukteshwar Mahadev Math Sanjaygiri Maharaj in Banaskantha district, police said today.
Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani on Wednesday asserted that construction of Ram Temple in Ayodhya was on the agenda of the BJP, a day after the party's Uttar Pradesh unit chief Keshav Prasad Maurya spoke of the temple but retracted later.
Five members of a family, including a woman and two children, were killed allegedly after their car rammed into a truck from behind near Deesa town of Banaskantha district, police said on Monday.
Over 3.5 lakh people on Saturday set a new world record by singing the national anthem at an event at Kagvad in Rajkot district of Gujarat.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will deliver an inaugural address on a three-day National Conference of Central and state ministers and secretaries of Tourism, Culture and Sports in Kutch on Friday.
Teesta Setalvad has been charged with IPC sections 153(a) (promoting enmity between two religious groups) and section 205(a) (outraging religious feelings).
According to police, the woman's husband said his wife was mentally disturbed for last six months.
Patidar agitation spearhead Hardik Patel on Tuesday left for Gujarat after spending six months away from his home state as per the Gujarat High Court's order.
Hundreds of Patel community youths welcomed Hardik as he entered his home state.
The interim ban by National Green Tribunal (NGT) on the glass-coated thread, manja, used for flying kites will continue, with the Supreme Court today refusing to lift it.
An independent councilor, Pragnesh Patel, was shot by bike borne assailants on Friday in Anand district of Gujarat.
Union minister Smriti Irani on Thursday said Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi is making derogatory remarks against Prime Minister Narendra Modi as he is "worried" about Modi's growing popularity and "desperate" to save his political legacy.
India's strength lies in demography, democracy, and demand, PM Narendra Modi said on Tuesday after inaugurating the eighth edition of the Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit, which is being attended by a host of foreign leaders, and top global and Indian CEOs.
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- UP Assembly Elections: Over 61% turnout in phase three polling
- Pakistan claims to kill 100 terrorists after suicide bomb attack in Sindh Dargah
- Panel discussion on Priyanka Gandhi calling PM Modi an outsider in UP
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Bengaluru: Report on evolution of poisonous froth in Bellandur lake
- Analysis of injustice in Delhi bomb blast case - Report
- Violent chaos in Tamil Nadu Assembly during floor test
- DNA: Analysing the daredevil aerobatics, fighter jets from Aero India Show 2017
- DNA: NonStop News
- Analysing the credibility of Pakistan's claim for operating against terrorists - Part II
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- Yuvraj Singh outsmarted by Zaheer Khan's rumoured girlfriend Sagarika Ghatge on troll attempt!
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- IND A vs Australia, Warm-up tie, Day 3 - As it happened
- Malayalam actress Bhavana allegedly kidnapped, molested; driver held
- IPL 10: RPS owner Sanjeev Goenka reveals reason behind replacing MS Dhoni with Steve Smith as captain
- Neil Nitin Mukesh's reception: Salman Khan, Katrina Kaif, Iulia Vantur and other B-Towners make it a starry affair!
- IPL 2017: Mahendra Singh Dhoni replaced as Rising Pune Supergiants captain; Australia's Steve Smith named new skipper
- SpaceX blasts off Falcon 9 rocket from NASA launchpad
- BWF Rankings: Ace shuttler PV Sindhu becomes second Indian to break into top 5
- Shah Rukh Khan wins hearts once again, arranges food for hungry beggar! - Watch