Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi on Monday attacked Prime Minister Narendra Modi over his decision to ban the old currency notes of high denomination and the faulty implementation of the Goods and Services Tax, which has badly hurt the Indian economy.
"Not only his welcome, but we have also made all sitting arrangements for everyone here, including that of Rahulji, in typical Saurashtra cultural style," Palbhai Ambaliya told IANS on Sunday night.
With an eye on voters in Gujarat, Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi will begin his three-day campaign from state's Saurashtra region on Monday.
He will also interact with elected panchayat representatives at Vadtra Village in Dwarka district, and farmers, fishermen and traders in both Dwarka and Jamnagar.
A 23-year-old woman has accused her husband of giving triple talaq while she was unconscious. The mother of a three-year-old son, Rubina Afzal Lakhani, on Thursday lodged an FIR against her husband Afzal Hussain at the Rajkot mahila police station and alleged that he assaulted her and made her leave the house 18 months ago.
Anandiben Patel on Thursday admitted it was a reality that liquor was being consumed in Gujarat.
Sunny Leone has hit the headlines for a condom advertisement.
The new front will support independent candidates who register with it for the upcoming state assembly elections, said Vaghela
Preliminary investigation revealed that some labourers first entered the effluent tank to clean it at the factory in Vatva GIDC area of the city, he said.
PM Modi inaugurated the dam on the occasion of his 67th birthday.
A FIR has been registered against the school teacher and an investigation is underway.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the Sardar Sarovar Dam, one of India's biggest, in Narmada district's Kevadia, on September 17, which also happens to be his birthday.
Keshubhai's 60-year-old son Pravin Patel, who was settled in the US, died of cardiac arrest on September 9.
Ahead of their annual bilateral summit here, Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Japanese counterpart Shinzo Abe on Thursday visited Dandi Kutir, India`s largest and only museum dedicated to the life and teachings of Mahatma Gandhi.
Japanese PM on Wednesday began a two-day visit to India.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi along with his Japanese counterpart Shinzo Abe on Thursday will lay the foundation stone of India's first bullet train in Gujarat's Ahmedabad.
The Narmada Control Authority had ordered the gates of the Sardar Sarovar Project be shut on June 16. The gates of the country`s highest dam were closed the following day.
It also referred to the previous judgements delivered by the apex court and said every voter has the right to vote or the right not to vote.
Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe arrived in India on a two-day visit.
Breaking away from official protocol, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday proceeded on a roadshow with his Japanese counterpart Shinzo Abe soon after the latter`s arrival here on a two-day visit.
Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe on Wednesday began his visit to India in Gujarat's Gandhinagar.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Japanese counterpart Shinzo Abe will tomorrow lay the foundation stone for the country's first bullet train project connecting Mumbai and Ahmedabad.
Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe arrived in Ahmedabad on Wednesday on a two-day visit to India.
Tension gripped Gujarat's Surat on Monday after members of the Patidar community allegedly set two buses on fire in the city.
Gujarat will roll out the red carpet for Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe who arrives here on Tuesday on a two-day visit during which he will lay the foundation stone for Rs1.1 trillion high-speed bullet train project.
Inspired by the Narendra Modi government's ''Goods & Services Tax'', a family in Gujarat has named its three newborn daughters after the newly implemented law, which was billed as India's biggest tax reform since Independence.
Amit Shah on Sunday stated that Narendra Modi was better placed to serve Gujarat as PM than as Chief Minister.
Amit Shah said: "There is no need to miss Narendra Modi in Gujarat. He placed Gujarat on the growth map as the Chief Minister, as the Prime Minister he is doing much for the development of the state. Who is more powerful, the Chief Minister or the Prime Minister?"
In August, the Supreme Court issued an order to the special trial court to wrap up the hearing in the Naroda Gam case within four months.
A special SIT court had last year convicted 24 people in the Gulberg case, but had ruled out a larger conspiracy behind the killings.
- Pak envoy shows fake photo to defame India at UN
- Doklam standoff: China deploys over 12,000 troops in Chumbi Valley
- Pak's nuclear weapons at risk of being stolen by terrorists: US scientists
- DU professor insults goddess Durga on Facebook
- Sushma Swaraj slams Pakistan over terrorism in UNGA address
- We made IITs, IIMs, Pak created LeT & JeM: Sushma Swaraj at UNGA
- PM Modi lauds Kashmiri boy Bilal Dar for actively taking up cleanliness drive
- TMC MP Mukul Roy to quit party post Durga Puja
- Iqbal Kaskar confirms brother Dawood Ibrahim lives in Karachi
- Govt failed to fulfill any of its promises in 3 years of reign: Mulayam Singh
- Graves of 28 hindus collectively found in Myanmar
- Encounter ends in J&K's Uri, 3 terrorists killed
- Violence at BHU is conspiracy, says VC Girish Chandra Tripathi
- Sushma Swaraj addresses United Nations General Assembly
- UP police arrests another accused in Muzaffarnagar gang-rape case
- Mahira Khan and Ranbir Kapoor NYC photo frenzy: Bollywood stands up in defence
- Eman Ahmed, once dubbed as world's heaviest woman, passes away
- IND vs AUS, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This Twitter convo between Kumar Sangakkara and Hardik Pandya is pure gold
- US reveals 9 secret locations housing Pakistan's nuclear weapons, raises 'takeover' alarm
- 'China used loudspeakers, tanks to bully India, Bhutan during Doklam standoff'
- Honeypreet didn't let me come close to Gurmeet Ram Rahim, feared I may marry him: Rakhi Sawant
- Watch: Glenn Maxwell st MS Dhoni b Yuzvendra Chahal, again
- Scientists design novel aluminium that floats on water
- Falahari Maharaj asked victim to lick honey from his tongue before raping
- Watch: Indore erupts to Hardik Pandya's scorcher against David Warner
- Pakistan envoy shows photo of Palestinian victim as 'evidence of atrocities' on Kashmiris
- Baahubali loses to Newton in Oscar race - SS Rajamouli reacts
- BJP leader Subramanian Swamy slams protesters over BHU molestation case, says naxalite movement
- Trinamool MP Mukul Roy to quit party after Durga Puja