Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani has slammed Samajwadui Party national president Akhilesh Yadav for his remarks on the Gujarat tourism advertisement starring Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan.
The Gujarat Assembly budget session on Monday began with a ruckus by Opposition members over a gang-rape, involving Kutch BJP leaders, forcing Governor OP Kohli to cut short his customary opening address.
The Budget session of Gujarat Assembly today began on a stormy note with Congress protesting over the Naliya gangrape issue, forcing Governor O P Kohli to cut short his customary address to the House.
The Gujarat CID on Sunday formed a committee to monitor the on-going probe into the Naliya gang-rape case by the Special Investigation Team (SIT), which arrested four local BJP leaders for their alleged involvement in the crime.
The mortal remains of Lance Naik Gopal Singh Bhadoria, martyred in a gun-battle with terrorists in Jammu and Kashmir, were today consigned to flames here as thousands of grieving local residents and relatives bid a tearful adieu to the valiant soldier.
Police raided a liquor party and arrested at least 29 NID students from a private apartment in liquor party area here, police said.
Gujarat Patidar leader Hardik Patel on Thursday reiterated that he had not joined any political party and would prefer to remain the face of the Patel community's agitation for reservation in government jobs and educational institutions under the OBC quota.
Shiv Sena's decision comes just ahead of Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) elections which will take place on February 21.
A scuffle between two groups of Indian and foreign students on a private university campus near Vadodara left at least 20 youths injured, including nine from abroad, the state police said on Sunday.
A panipuri vendor has been put behind bars because he used to mix toilet cleaner in 'paani' (panipuri water).
As many as nine students were injured in a clash among them at a private educational institution here, police said on Gujarat.
Delhi's ruling AAP is due to hold a massive road show in Gujarat's Gandhinagar on March 26.
At least 12 Youth Congress workers on Sunday were arrested for showing black flags to Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu and garlanding him with black cloth as soon he stepped out of his vehicle in Nanpura.
Sabarmati Express was torched at the Godhra Railway Station on February 27, 2002.
All 28 accused in a post-Godhra riots case have been acquitted by a Gandhinagar court which cited lack of substantial evidence against them.
Gujarat High Court orders govt to pay salary due to home guard jawans.
Security agencies have seized suspicious Pakistani boats in the Sir Creek area of the Kuchh region in Gujarat, report said on Thursday.
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on Wednesday announced two new All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in Jharkhand and Gujarat as part of increasing healthcare in the country.
Tension gripped Godadara locality on the city outskirts today after the severed head of a calf was found on the road enraging the crowd that pelted stones at the cops and indulged in arson, police said.
Sadhvi Jayshree Giri, arrested on Friday in a cheating case, is the prime accused in the 2008 murder of her spiritual guru and head of Mukteshwar Mahadev Math Sanjaygiri Maharaj in Banaskantha district, police said today.
Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani on Wednesday asserted that construction of Ram Temple in Ayodhya was on the agenda of the BJP, a day after the party's Uttar Pradesh unit chief Keshav Prasad Maurya spoke of the temple but retracted later.
Five members of a family, including a woman and two children, were killed allegedly after their car rammed into a truck from behind near Deesa town of Banaskantha district, police said on Monday.
Over 3.5 lakh people on Saturday set a new world record by singing the national anthem at an event at Kagvad in Rajkot district of Gujarat.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will deliver an inaugural address on a three-day National Conference of Central and state ministers and secretaries of Tourism, Culture and Sports in Kutch on Friday.
Teesta Setalvad has been charged with IPC sections 153(a) (promoting enmity between two religious groups) and section 205(a) (outraging religious feelings).
According to police, the woman's husband said his wife was mentally disturbed for last six months.
Patidar agitation spearhead Hardik Patel on Tuesday left for Gujarat after spending six months away from his home state as per the Gujarat High Court's order.
Hundreds of Patel community youths welcomed Hardik as he entered his home state.
The interim ban by National Green Tribunal (NGT) on the glass-coated thread, manja, used for flying kites will continue, with the Supreme Court today refusing to lift it.
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes for tainted SP minister Gayatri Prajapati raises questions
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC elections: BJP-Shiv Sena contesting separately for first time in 20 years
- BJP begins counselling youths in Kashmir against stone pelting
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Himachal Pradesh's Mandi enters Limca Book of World Records
- DNA: Analysis on mobile technology disinfection that pose threat to patients
- Global Investors' Summit: In conversation with Jharkhand CM Raghubar Das
- DNA: Today in history, 21 February, 2017
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH
- MS Dhoni set to lead Jharkhand in 2017 Vijay Hazare Trophy
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Javed Miandad unfazed by Pakistani players' absence from IPL, says we've got our own PSL
- Amar Singh makes explosive claim, says Mulayam scripted Samajwadi Party family feud to help Akhilesh
- 'Cyanide' Mallika, Sasikala's dangerous neighbour in Bengaluru prison, shifted
- Kota: Fire breaks out at petrol pump in Rajasthan
- Indian Premier League 10: Mohammad Azharuddin calls MS Dhoni's sacking as RPS captain a 'third-rate decision'
- Do you suffer from chronic knee pain? Online treatment may help you!
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: When Mahendra Singh Dhoni travelled in train with Jharkhand teammates