Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Wednesday appointed party leader Ashok Gehlot as in-charge of Gujarat, where assembly elections are due later this year.
The SIT opposed Kodnani's plea to the bench of justices Harsha Devani and A S Supehiya contending that the plea, made at a belated stage, was not legally tenable and cannot be permitted.
BJP president Amit Shah today told the party workers to aim at not just retaining power but "stunning" the Congress by securing a three-fourths majority in the Gujarat Assembly polls, due later this year.
Thirty-six Congress MLAs have asked the party high command to declare senior leader Shankersinh Vaghela as the chief ministerial candidate in Gujarat, where assembly polls are due by the year-end.
A 2002 Naroda Gam massacre case victim wrote to the Gujarat High Court on Tuesday seeking replacement of the special SIT judge hearing the matter with an "impartial" one.
Jagat Kinkhabwala, also known as 'sparrow man', said that in the letter, dated April 12, the PM did not only congratulate him but also displayed his sensitivity towards the issue.
The people in Gujarat's diamond city Surat were taken to surprise when a 4-year-old girl forced Prime Minister Narendra Modi's cavalcade to stop midway on Monday.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday urged all citizens to serve the nation with their hard work and said that India cannot be run by the government without the support of its people.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who is on a two-day visit to Gujarat, inaugurated the Kiran Multispeciality Hospital in Surat on Monday. PM Modi is due to inaugurate a series of other key projects in diamond city Surat.
PM Modi is slated to inaugurate Kiran Multi Super Speciality Hospital and Research Centre, built by a private trust, in the city on Monday morning.
This is a rare scene caught on camera!
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will commence his two-day Gujarat visit by holding a roadshow in Surat later on Sunday.
A Congress activist of Dalit community was injured in a clash with BJP workers here following a dispute on who will garland the statue of Dr B R Ambedkar on his birth anniversary.
The Supreme Court on Thursday allowed RK Raghavan, who was heading the apex court appointed Special Investigation Team (SIT) to probe 2002 Gujarat riots cases, to be relieved from the duty of heading the team.
The Supreme Court today asked a Gujarat trial court to expedite recording of evidence of prosecution witnesses in a sexual assault case lodged by two Surat-based sisters against self-styled godman Asaram.
India on Tuesday warned Pakistan to consider the "consequences" on their ties if Kulbhushan Jadhav is hanged in the alleged espionage case.
Union Minister Venkaiah Naidu on Sunday said that Muslims should mull over putting an end to the triple talaq divorce system.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be face of the BJP in the Gujarat Assembly elections due later this year, according to senior state party leaders who see these polls in his home state as a "battle of prestige".
A Zambian student allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself inside the hostel room of a private university here on Saturday, police said.
In a tragic incident, a four-year-old boy, who fell into a borewell in Karsangadh village of Surendranagar in Gujarat on Thursday has died.
Man beaten-up by father-in-law in Gujarat.
BJP is gearing up for the 2017 Gujarat Assembly Elections.
Geetha Johri, who Tuesday took charge as the first woman Director General of Police (DGP) of Gujarat, asserted that women safety is her first priority and said she will work towards women empowerment.
After Supreme Court's refusal to allow liquor vends within 500 metres of national and state highways to sell liquor, the Gujarat Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation Ltd (Amul) has now come up with a unique solution to help thousands of highway liquor shop owners who are likely to be affected by it.
"If you go by the entire report, you will find that the government had followed all the laws and procedures," Shah told PTI.
The BJP government in Gujarat on Friday enacted a harsher law providing for life-term for those found involved in cow-slaughtering.
BJP president Amit Shah today met senior Congress leader Shankarsinh Vaghela at the Gujarat Assembly here, which the latter termed as a "courtesy call."
Four abandoned boats have been seized by the BSF in the Sir Creek area of Gujarat in January and February this year, while 11 such abandoned boats were seized in 2016, the government said today.
A case has been registered against the director of Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA) after a professor complained of sexual harassment.
Police on Tuesday seized demonetised currency notes having face value of Rs 42 lakh and detained two persons travelling in a Maharashtra state transport bus which was on its way from Nasik to Ahmedabad.
- MCD Election Results 2017: BJP wins big, thanks Delhiites for faith in party
- Delhi MCD Election Results 2017: Confident of BJP's win in civic polls, says Manoj Tiwari
- Discussion - The big issues of Delhi MCD elections 2017
- PM Modi launches first Udan flight from Shimla to Delhi
- It's people's mandate, accept it gracefully: Sheila Dikshit on MCD election results
- MCD Election Results 2017: Role of Muslims in BJP's victory in Delhi
- Reason behind AAP losing MCD elections - Watch
- AAP's Sanjay Singh resigns as Punjab incharge after Delhi rout
- Rajiv Rai Bhatnagar appointed new DG CRPF
- Bollywood actor and BJP MP Vinod Khanna passes away at 70
- UP: Muslim woman gets triple talaq via speed post in Amroha
- Anna Hazare slams Arvind Kejriwal, says there's difference between his action and words
- Watch - Canadian woman stuck on crane being rescued by Toronto firefighter!
- DNA: Comparison between Army and CRPF's preparation for different operations
- MCD Election Results 2017: BJP headed for landslide win in Delhi
- Check bse.odisha.nic.in, orissaresults.nic; Odisha BSE HSC Class 10 Results 2017, BSE Odisha Results 2017, Odisha Matric Results 2017 declared
- CGBSE Class 12 Board Result 2017: Chhattisgarh Board Higher Secondary Class 12 Results declared. Check cgbse.nic.in, results.cg.nic.in
- JEE Main Result 2017 to be declared today; check jeemain.nic.in and cbseresults.nic.in
- CGBSE Class 12 Board Result 2017: Chhattisgarh Board Higher Secondary Class 12 Results to be declared today at cgbse.nic.in
- Baba Ramdev says 'I am safe and healthy, don't believe in any rumours'
- Vinod Khanna dies of cancer – All you need to know about the condition that killed the veteran actor
- Actor-politician Vinod Khanna passes away
- JEE Main Result 2017 to be declared on April 27; check jeemain.nic.in
- Britain reduced India to one of the "poorest, illiterate and diseased places on Earth", need a museum to educate children: Shashi Tharoor
- Spat between world's heaviest woman Eman's kin & doctors gets murkier, mother releases new video
- Harbhajan Singh accuses Jet Airways pilot of racism; airline apologises, derosters accused
- Pakistan rejects India's request for consular access to Kulbhushan Jadhav, says it is meant for prisoners, not spies
- THIS decision proved master stroke for BJP in MCD elections
- Salman Khan’s TV show may replace ‘The Kapil Sharma Show’?
- 'Baahubali 2: The Conclusion' frenzy – Planning to book tickets? You might have to go through all this