Ahmedabad: The counting of votes for civic elections in Gujarat was done on Monday.
As per the state election commission, Dahod municipality registered the highest turnout of 76.67 percent while Rajkot recorded 50.17 percent turnout.
The results were declared for 75 Nagar Palikas (municipalities), two district panchayats, 17 talukas and 1400 village panchayats.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and the Congress were locked in a direct fight in the civic polls. In the last local elections, BJP had won 107 seats out of total 123 seats in 2016
Following are the latest updates for Jamnagar, Mahisagar, Kachchh, Gir Somnath:
- BJP bags Kalavad and A Jamjodhpur municipalities in Jamnagar district. The saffron party also wins Dhrol municipality.
- Trends for all 75 municipalities are in - BJP leading in 44, Congress in 27, others in four.
- BJP wins Dhrol municipality in Jamnagar district, which was earlier held by the Congress.
- Trends in 71 municipalities - BJP leads in 41 while Congress is leading in 27, others leading in 3 municipalities.
- Congress wins ward number one in Kalavad municipality in Jamnagar district.
- BJP panel wins all four seats in ward number 2 in Rapar in Kutch district.
- BJP wins from ward number 1 and 2 of Kalavad Nagarpalika in Jamnagar district.
- In Kodinar, in Gir Somnath district, the Congress has called for a boycott of counting of votes alleging tampering of EVMs. The BJP has won three seats.
- Overall, trends in 50 municipalities show the BJP leading in 27 while the Congress leading in 20.
- In Gir Somnath, BJP wins 4 seats in Kodinar municipality's ward number 1.
- In Gandhidham, BJP candidate wins in Bhachau municipality in ward number 2.
- In Gandhidham, BJP candidate wins in ward number 4 of Rapar Nagar Palika.
- Congress candidates win in ward number 1 of Rapar Nagar Palika in Gandhidham.