Gurugram Fortis removed from state govt's list of empanelled hospitals
The Haryana government has removed the Gurugram Fortis hospital from its list of empanelled hospitals on charges of “grave negligence, unethical and unlawful act”, a media report said on Friday.
Gurugram: The Haryana government has removed the Gurugram Fortis hospital from its list of empanelled hospitals on charges of “grave negligence, unethical and unlawful act”, a media report said on Friday.
The news comes amid a probe into allegations of overcharging by the hospital in a case of a seven-year-old girl who died of dengue in September.
“We have ordered the removal of Fortis Hospital, Gurugram, from the panel of the state government,” the Hindu quoted state Health Minister Anil Vij as saying.
Vij said the decision has been taken based on a report filed by a state government committee constituted to probe the matter.
Besides issuing directions to lodge an FIR against the hospital, the committee also recommended for cancellation of the blood bank of the hospital.
“Apart from this, the Haryana Urban Development Authority had been directed to find out possibilities of canceling the land lease,” Vij was quoted as saying.
In its report, the committee has found serious irregularities in the functioning of the hospital administration.
Adya Singh had died of dengue 15 days after she was admitted to the Fortis multi super-specialty hospital.
Her death sparked a controversy after the hospital staff billed her family almost Rs. 16 lakh for the treatment.