Avoid getting sick this monsoon with these top health tips!
Here are some useful tips to ensure you a sickness-free this rainy season.
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Monsoon is often referred as the 'sick leave season', perhaps the most notorious season as it brings with it a host of infections resulting from bacteria, fungi and viruses.
The first showers of the season may have brought respite from the scorching summer heat, but one needs to be extra careful to avoid mosquito-borne illnesses such as dengue and chikungunya.
Here are some useful tips to ensure you a sickness-free this rainy season:
- Avoid taking refrigerated water and icy cold beverages.
- Cut down on sour food items – pickles, chutneys, sour drinks as they make your throat and tonsils susceptible to infections.
- Avoid processed, fried foods that will make you feel sluggish and bloated.
- Eat a healthy diet including plenty of fruits and vegetables.
- Opt for fruits rich in vitamin C (papaya, amla, kiwi, citrus fruits) to boost your immunity. They are also effective in treating common cold and cough.
- Drink lots of herbal teas (ginger, lemon, tulsi, etc ) which are full of antioxidants that help you cleanse your body and raise your immunity levels.
- Consume warm soups which are also a great way to get your kids eating a variety of vegetables.
- Change into dry clothes quickly if you get wet.
- Avoid mosquito bites to prevent vector-borne diseases.
- Use mosquito repellent creams that are suitable and safe for your skin.