Best home remedies to prevent itchy mosquito bites!
These insect bites can cause an immediate skin reaction such as redness, swelling and irritation.
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Monsoon may be romantic, brings relief from the hot scorching summer heat. But the season also invites many pesky insects which are harmful for you. These insect bites can cause an immediate skin reaction such as redness, swelling and irritation.
One such unavoidable evil is mosquito bites, which can leave a nasty bump with nits persistent itch for days. While prevention is the best, there are numerous ways you can do to beat the irritable itching using things that are already available at your house.
- Place a cold, refrigerated, used tea bag (green tea) on the sting and let it sit on for a few minutes. The cold helps soothe the itch and the compounds in the tea help with inflammation.
- Another option is to make an oatmeal paste (oatmeal and water) and apply directly to the affected skin and allow it to dry slowly.
- Honey is another excellent remedy as it has an anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory ingredients in it. Just put a small drop of honey on the bite and you'll find relief from itching.
- Aloe vera has anti-inflammatory properties. It will not only help ease the itching and swelling from the bite, but will also aid in healing the wound. Cut an aloe vera plant and apply the plant's gel to the bites.
- An ice cube or cold pack can be an effective remedy for mosquito bites. Use a cold pack or a bag filled with crushed ice to relieve itching caused by a mosquito bite.