Control your anger with these six quick tips!
If you're one of those who's prone to losing temper, here are a few quick tips to help you tame your inner raging bull.
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Anger is a normal, healthy emotion, and we all get angry on occasion. But, when it's out of control, it could damage your mental and physical health as well as your relationships with others.
Anger raises your risk for heart attacks, stroke, blood pressure, etc. People with anger issues are also said to be poor at social interactions because they tend to misundertand the intentions of others.
If you're one of those who's prone to losing temper, here are a few quick tips to help you tame your inner raging bull:
- Evaluate your thoughts before saying anything that might make someone annoyed or angry.
- Recognise your anger signs – when you get angry your heart beats faster and you breathe more quickly – and try to overcome these challenges.
- Take steps to calm down yourself – if very angry, try counting to 10 or beyond as it might give you time to calm down and prevent your anger from spiraling out of control.
- Express your anger in a positive non-confrontational way once you're calm. This will help you think as well as express your frustration clearly without hurting others.
- Breathe slowly and relax - breathe in and breathe out 3-4 times in a row to beat your anger. Count to 3 as you inhale, hold the breath for 3 more seconds, and count to 3 again as you exhale.
- Get adequate enough sleep every night. Being sleep deprived can give rise to a number of health problems. A good night's rest can improve your mood and lessen your anger.