Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The national capital Delhi is currently battling fever surge caused by mosquito bites such as chikungunya and dengue. As per latest reports, at least 423 chikungunya cases have been disgnosed in the national capital. Whereas cases of dengue have gone up to 487, with two deaths till August 27.
While avoiding mosquito bites is the best way to prevent chikungunya and dengue fever, there are certain things you can do to reduce the effect of the disease. Here are some effective natural home remedies for chikungunya fever:
- Tulsi (basil) leaves are very effective when it comes to treating chikungunya fever. Just boil 5-6 basil leaves in water and have it after food. This will reduce the fever as well as boost the immunity.
- Coconut water is a good remedy both for the liver and the chikungunya virus. Drinking coconut water is one of the best home remedies as it helps the patients to recover fast by detoxifying the liver.
- Eating raw carrots can help increase the immune resistance of people suffering from chikungunya. It also protects patients from complications like joint pains and aches.
- Application of garlic paste or clove oil with pepper can provide relief from painful joints.
- Taking grapes with cow's milk is another effective remedy for chikungunya as it gives relief from severe symptoms of chikungunya such as pain and fever.