Five surprising health benefits of laughter you didn't know about!
A good, hearty laugh is beneficial to humanity in countless ways. Some researchers believe laughter might be the best medicine.
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Indeed, laughter makes us feel better in the moment, but a good laugh has great health benefits as well. Laughter, which is a key component of a happy life, is clinically proven to be have a powerful and positive effect on physical, mental and social health and wellbeing.
A good, hearty laugh is beneficial to humanity in countless ways. Some researchers believe laughter might be the best medicine. Here are some discoveries in the ever growing list of the benefits of laughter:
- Laughter helps lower blood pressure, reducing the risk of a heart attack and stroke.
- Laughing reduces the levels of stress hormones - cortisol, epinephrine (adrenaline) and dopamine, and increases the production of serotonin and endorphins, which are responsible for your happiness.
- Laughter is a powerful antidote to pain with many studies validating the pain relieving effects of a good lauch.
- Laughter helps in cancer recovery by increasing the levels of IFN (Interferon-gamma) in the body. IFN stimulates the B-cells, T-cells, NK cells, and immunoglobulin that are integral to a healthy immune system and the lines of defense against the abnormal growth of tumors in the body.
- Laughter increases the blood circulation around your face which stimulates facial muscles, helping to mkae you look younger and healthier.