Seven health benefits of Amla
The Amla or Neelikkai (Phyllanthus emblica) is also called Amalka in Hindi. It is also refereed to as the Indian Gooseberry and belongs to the Euphorbiaceae family. Amla is one of the best herbs you can consume on daily basis without any side effects.
Here are top seven reasons as to why you should consume amla and say yes to good heath.
- Amla works as a hair tonic and is an essential ingredient for hair care. It not just helps in strengthening of roots of hair, but also enriches hair growth. It also prevents dandruff and premature graying of hair.
- Amla juice is helpful in relieving constipation in piles. Also, it helps in regulating bowel movements and cures chronic constipation.
- Consuming Gooseberry or amla powder with butter and honey before meal helps a lot in improving appetite.
- Drink amla juice with honey in the morning to get that perfect glow on your face and blemish free skin.
- It is very useful in improving eyesight. It also counters diseases like reddening, itching and watering of eyes.
- Amla strengthens heart muscles and is a remedy for heart problems.
- And last but not the least, daily intake of amla juice helps in fighting bad breath and strengthens teeth.(Compilation by: Shruti Saxena)