New Delhi: With the sun comes the tanned skin so this season opt for natural packs to get rid of the tan from your face, arms, hands, neck, back and feet the natural way.
Blossom Kochhar, Chairperson, Blossom Kochhar Group of companies lists down some masks that you can make easily at home.
* Tomato puree works gently on skin and is beneficial in removing tan from the skin. Besides replenishing the skin with oils, it evens the skin tone and helps in making the dry skin bright and glowing. It can also be applied to hair for that extra shine and can protect hair from sun damage.
* Make a paste of pinch of turmeric and a tablespoon of milk powder in two tablespoons of honey and the juice of half a lime. Apply it on your face and leave it on till it dries. Rinse your face and feel the difference.
* Prepare a mixture of oats and buttermilk. This mixture should be rubbed onto the tanned area as the oats will help in exfoliating the skin and on the other hand, the buttermilk is known to be extremely soothing for the skin.
* Take equal quantities of black and white cumin seeds and make into a thick paste with milk or cream. Apply the paste all over the face. After 20 minutes rinse it off. Use this mask at least twice a week for maximum effect.
* A regular use of fresh coconut water on the hands and face is known to be very effective in getting rid of a tan as well as making the skin supple and soft.