New Delhi: Attention guys, ever heard of World Toilet Day? Yes, it is actually a thing and it is celebrated globally on November 19 every year. Back in 2001, the campaign was initiated by World Toilet Organization to spread awareness on issues of sanitation.
This year, the theme of World Toilet Day is 'toilets and jobs'. Thoughtful enough, isn’t it?
Interestingly, a modern-day adult spends a major part of his day in office. And, as a result, visiting the workplace restrooms becomes almost inevitable. But, did you know that office toilets are not actually as clean as you expect them to be? No, we are not kidding.
Because of some careless and irresponsible individuals, the hygiene quotient at restrooms is always at risk. So, make sure that you are not one of them as your contribution towards sanitation matters equally.
Here, we bring you some office restroom etiquettes that you should follow:
• Make sure that the toilet seat is covered when you press the flush button. It is said that all the harmful bacteria take the air route when you flush. So, keep this in mind the next time before flushing.
• Always carry a hand sanitizer dispenser with you. It is believed that the soap and liquid dispensers available at sink are not usually in the best of their conditions as they are used by many.
• Make sure not to use smartphones or any other gadgets in the office bathroom. As soon as you take them out in a toilet, they start inviting airborne bacteria which will exploit your vulnerability even after you leave the restroom.
• The toilet seat must be wiped thoroughly every time you use it. Keep in mind that your colleagues may not be as hygiene conscious as you are and how poorly they could have used the pot before you went in.
• The first thing you must do before stepping into a toilet is to make sure that all the required things are there. Example: toilet paper, soap, tissues, hand dryer in working condition, sanitizer etc. This will help you minimise the risk.