Although diabetes is a life-long disease and has no cure it can be managed.
Bladder cancer is the seventh most common cancer in males worldwide.
The study conducted using animal model showed that injecting flufenamic acid -- a much cheaper cold drug -- into cancerous bladder cells can suppress the cells' invasive activities and restore the effectiveness of anti-cancer drugs.
Different foods have different nutritional value, but the ones that turn into a potential health risk when reheated must be avoided no matter how healthy they might be.
The risk of pregnant women with the lowest satisfaction in their relationship becoming ill is more than twice than those who are satisfied.
The researchers found that spinal cord injury significantly altered the gut microbiome of mice, inducing the migration of gut bacteria into other tissues of the body and the activation of proinflammatory immune cells associated with the gut.
The findings showed that post-meal blood sugar levels dropped 12 per cent on average when the participants followed the "walking after meals" advice compared to walking at any time of the day.
Researchers have found that a higher body mass index can also negatively impact cognitive functioning in older adults.
Only prevention and control of mosquitoes can ensure long-term protection against dengue and chikungunya.
Women who have gone through early menopause, either naturally or because they have had their ovaries removed are twice as likely to develop heart disease as women of the same age, who have not yet reached menopause.
Researchers also found that white teens were more than twice as likely as African-American adolescents to smoke for weight loss.
The boy's 'third arm' is devoid of movement.
After its success, cadaveric organ donation has been actively campaigned for to raise awareness with the simple message that you can save a life even in death.
Coffee was the most tweeted food in the continental US between mid-2014 to mid-2015 followed by beer and pizza.
The amylase-trypsin inhibitors (ATIs) protein can worsen the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, asthma, lupus and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease as well as inflammatory bowel disease.
The best thing about this gentle form of exercise is that it can be practiced by people of all ages.
Head injuries are among the most common type suffered in domestic violence, which can lead to repetitive brain injuries that often have chronic, life-changing effects, much like what we see in athletes.
Food fortification is the addition of key vitamin and minerals to staple foods to improve their nutritional content and address a nutritional gap in a population.
The findings showed that for every 5 kg/m2 increase in BMI, there was a 38 and 25 per cent increase in the risk for liver cancer in men and women, respectively.
Activating the oestrogen -- the primary female sex hormone -- receptor-beta protein with a chemical has the potential to increase metabolism as well as help reduce obesity, say researchers including one of Indian-origin.
High cholesterol, which is a known factor for the decrease in heart health may harm more than our cardiovascular systems and lead to bone loss, say researchers including one of Indian-origin.
Now you need not be guilty of indulging in dark chocolates, as compounds found in cocoa may be good for your heart, a study has found.
Researchers have found that undergoing a computer tomographic angiography was a better motivator to get people with suspected coronary artery disease to adopt healthier lifestyle practices than an exercise electrocardiography and stress test.
In a recent analysis, experts have found that people suffering from epilepsy were seven-times more likely to have reported experiencing discrimination due to health problems.
- Is Hindutva a religion or way of life? SC revisits verdict
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- J&K: China's flags recovered from terror hideouts in Baramullah, Kupwara
- Shocking! Nursery schools now costlier than IITs
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- Delhi Police may arrest Kabaddi player Rohit over wife's suicide
- Brave lady sub-inspector saves girl from kidnapping in Madhya Pradesh
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Politics over Mahesh Sharma's visit to Ayodhya museum site ahead of UP elections
- Fire safety norms not followed in many hospitals of India
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player
- #KarwaChauth: Harbhajan Singh's hilarious tweet for all husbands will leave you in splits!
- Virender Sehwag's birthday wish to Sunny Deol is as funny as it gets from the Twitter guru
- Rita Bahuguna Joshi joins BJP, blames exit on Rahul Gandhi, Prashant Kishor; Congress calls her 'traitor, migratory bird'
- Dear Zindagi teaser: Shah Rukh Khan and Alia Bhatt will make you celebrate life—Watch now
- Bipasha Basu looked like a doll on her first Karva Chauth
- Wife of national Kabaddi player commits suicide, leaves message blaming husband of torture
- Mumbai on alert after IndiGo pilot spots 'drone' near city airport
- Congress MLA suspended for remarks against Rahul Gandhi, says `I can't call a donkey a horse`
- Hizbul recruits seen hugging, laughing in new video; Srinagar scribe quizzed over links with militants