In a significant medical breakthrough and a first in the world, doctors at Kochi hospital performed a dual live-donor transplant on a 20-month-old girl, who weighs just seven kgs on Saturday.
People who consumed 12 grams per day of butter had a two-fold higher risk of developing diabetes.
Heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women. But the symptoms and risk factors of heart disease aren't the same in men and women.
As new study suggests that airflow from an air conditioner stimulates the human body while sleeping as it may increase the heart rate and impact sleep conditions even if the mean airflow velocity is lower than an insensible level.
As per reports, the Health Ministry order, issued on Wednesday, covers at least 23 hospitals, including PGI Chandigarh, Jipmer Puducherry and Nimhans Bengaluru, apart from AIIMS.
The study was coordinated by the Veronese multi centre team of Arc-Net, led by Professor Aldo Scarpa, which brought together pancreatic cancer expertise from around the world.
A few medicinal plants grown in Tamil Nadu were proven to be efficacious for the management of type 2 diabetes.
Experiments were carried out in the fruit fly, which shares many similar pathways and characteristics with human genes.
The study is based on interviews with workers and experts in 10 European Union member states, Argentina, Brazil, India, Japan and the US.
Delhi's Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia has assured strict action against those found guilty.
The procedure was performed last week.
Carrying excess weight can trigger long-term reflux problems and heartburn that can lead to cancer.
There are many risk factors for preterm birth – from the mother's age, to illness, to poverty and other social factors and recent research has suggested that exposure to air pollution could also be a risk factor.
The surgery took place on January 13.
Previous studies had showed that other brain regions such as caudate and putamen are also smaller in people with ADHD.
The World Health Organisation has said that taxation is clearly the best way to tackle the tobacco epidemic.
They also discovered a new mechanism by which the combination promotes long-term immunity against glioblastoma tumours.
China is experiencing a tough time as the death toll caused due to H7N9 bird flu has shot up recently, which has forced the poultry markets to shut.
Over 400 million people across the world grapple with the disease and India figures among the top countries with a high diabetic population.
The candidate drug, called PfSPZ, provided up to 100 percent protection for 10 weeks in a trial in Germany, although a trial in real life conditions in Mali gave a lower level of defence, they reported in two separate studies.
Here are some simple tips and tricks to sharpen your brain and thinking power.
A report says that the doctors failed to exercise reasonable degree of skill, knowledge and care which are expected of an prudent doctor in treatment of patients.
As per a new study, regular exercise can not only help in reducing weight but also control the bothersome symptoms such as hot flashes.
A team of Canadian researchers have developed a magnetic drug implant that could offer an alternative to patients, especially the diabetics, who are struggling with numerous pills or intravenous injections.
A new research suggests that people who are living in areas with winter snow are at increased risk of heart attack after a heavy snowstorm.
For the first time in India, a team of surgeons from Medanta-The Medicity, Gurugram successfully implanted a 3D-printed vertebrae on a 32-year-old woman, who was suffering from spinal tuberculosis for quite some time.
Children should not consume soda, sweetened beverages, pizza and salty food, biscuits, yogurt regualrly as they are not good for health.
Legs can be toned easily, either by doing the specific exercised mentioned below or adding weights in the workout.
Extremely low birth weight babies were found to be at increased risk for particular mental health problems, beginning in childhood and extending at least into their 30s, according to the study.
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- Pakistan claims to kill 100 terrorists after suicide bomb attack in Sindh Dargah
- Bengaluru: Report on evolution of poisonous froth in Bellandur lake
- Analysis of injustice in Delhi bomb blast case - Report
- Violent chaos in Tamil Nadu Assembly during floor test
- Panel discussion on Priyanka Gandhi calling PM Modi an outsider in UP
- DNA: NonStop News
- DNA: Analysing the daredevil aerobatics, fighter jets from Aero India Show 2017
- Analysing the credibility of Pakistan's claim for operating against terrorists - Part II
- DNA: Analysing the problems being faced by world's heaviest woman Iman Ahmad
- Pakistan adds Hafiz Saeed in the terrorists group list
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Yuvraj Singh outsmarted by Zaheer Khan's rumoured girlfriend Sagarika Ghatge on troll attempt!
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- IND A vs Australia, Warm-up tie, Day 3 - As it happened
- Malayalam actress Bhavana allegedly kidnapped, molested; driver held
- Neil Nitin Mukesh's reception: Salman Khan, Katrina Kaif, Iulia Vantur and other B-Towners make it a starry affair!
- RPS owner Sanjeev Goenka reveals reason behind replacing MS Dhoni with Steve Smith as captain
- IPL 2017: MS Dhoni replaced as Rising Pune Supergiants captain; Australia's Steve Smith named new skipper
- BWF Rankings: Ace shuttler PV Sindhu becomes second Indian to break into top 5
- SpaceX blasts off Falcon 9 rocket from NASA launchpad
- Shah Rukh Khan wins hearts once again, arranges food for hungry beggar! - Watch