A C-section, although relatively safe, should be considered only when the health of either the mother or baby is at risk from vaginal delivery.
When the growth began spreading, her father traveled to Dhaka Medical College Hospital to seek medical attention.
Jaitley announced setting up of two new AIIMS in the states of Gujarat and Jharkhand, while also adding that 25000 post graduate seats will be created in medicine.
Autism spectrum disorders (ASD) are a group of neurodevelopmental disorders characterized by impaired social interaction, communication deficits and a range of restricted and repetitive behavior patterns.
The patients however is doing well and on road to recovery, claim the doctors.
Given the pressing need to redistribute, India did not invest sufficiently in human capital for instance, public spending on health was an unusually low 0.22 per cent of the GDP in 1950-51.
The study gene, known as EMSY, has some of the same functions as BRCA1 and BRCA2, which are known to protect against breast and ovarian cancer when normal.
Cardiac arrest is the sudden, unexpected loss of heart function, breathing and consciousness.
The Delhi government, under the reign of the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP), has set up more than 100 Mohalla Clinics since taking office in February 2015 and plans to take the number to 1,000.
A new study had found that repeated antibiotic treatment not only can increase bacteria's resistance to drugs but also help them reproduce faster than before.
There has been no improvement since 1998 in survival rates for heart failure patients, a new study has found.
Do you often suffer from chronic pain and depression? If yes, then try acupuncture treatment as it helps to reduce the pain.
The researchers used data from a Spanish project, where participants have been voluntarily submitting information about their health twice-yearly since 1999.
Researchers have found that popping balloons can be louder than shotgun blasts and can lead to permanent hearing loss.
Here are five things that could be the cause of prolonged cold or the flu.
The president said Mission Indradhanush, an immunisation programme, is one of them which has so far helped 55 lakh children get immunised against several diseases.
If you're trying to lose weight, avoid nighttime eating habit as this can cause you to eat more calories than you need.
While fabricating synthetic woods in a petri dish, the team led by California Institute of Technology's Chiara Daraio created a material that exhibited an electrical response to temperature changes in the laboratory.
Recent tests on mouse models found AD-114 led to a reduction in fibrosis in the lung and liver, after treatment for 14 and 21 days respectively.
Together, stomach and oesophageal cancer account for around 1.4 million new cancer diagnoses each year worldwide.
The new study adds to the increasing evidence that household pets may have a major influence on child development and emotional well-being.
Cervical spondylitis usually occurs in middle-aged and elderly people, but according to orthopaedicians, computers and mobile phones are making even youngsters predisposed to developing the condition quite early in life.
Cleanliness can help prevent diseases like dengue fever,swine flu , malaria, chicken pox and jaundice, etc.
Regular exercise can help individuals with diabetes to achieve their blood lipid, body composition, fitness and blood sugar goals.
Modi said the effort to eliminate leprosy from this country under the National Leprosy Eradication Programme is a tribute to Mahatma Gandhi’s vision.
The altered protein - IRAK-M - causes the immune system to become supercharged, clearing out the bacteria before they can do any da
The scientists believe the discovery could also play a role in understanding the development of antibiotic-resistance in patients already suffering from TB.
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BJP begins counselling youths in Kashmir against stone pelting
- UP polls: Voting for fourth phase of Assembly elections today
- DNA: Analysis on mobile technology disinfection that pose threat to patients
- DNA: India sees 50% jump in millionaire exodus in 2016
- Watch - Akshay Kumar's pillow talk with his fans on fitness
- DNA: Today in history, 21 February, 2017
- BMC election results 2017: Mumbai Congress chief Sanjay Nirupam offers to resign
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Shiv Sena retains Thane Municipal Corporation, wins 67 seats
- 'BJP gaining in Uttar Pradesh Assembly Elections after Hindutva introduced in campaign'
- Ulhasnagar Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: BJP emerges as the single largest party
- Scam in Arvind Kejriwal's 'Mohalla Clinic'? Vigilance Department initiates probe over doctors earning Rs 4 lakh/month
- 'Cyanide' Mallika, Sasikala's dangerous neighbour in Bengaluru prison, shifted
- Javed Miandad unfazed by Pakistani players' absence from IPL, says we've got our own PSL
- Shobhaa De gets sharp response from the cop whom she mocked on Twitter
- Amravati Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results: BJP wins big, NCP fails to open account
- Trump's immigration plans to impact 3 lakh Indian-Americans, EU ready to welcome more Indian skilled workers