Couples in which both partners are obese may take over 50 per cent longer to achieve pregnancy, compared to their non-obese counterparts, say researchers, including one of Indian-origin.
A new study reveals that sleep may be regulated in part by several brain-based immune proteins which could pave the way for new therapies to treat chronic sleep disorders and sleep disturbances secondary to other diseases.
"As informed by the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), International Diabetes Federation estimates the number of children (0-14 years) suffering from Type-1 diabetes as 70,200 in India in 2015.
This new study calls for a revision in the 48-hour-week limit set internationally about 80 years ago.
E-cigarettes may not be as harmless as believed, but a new study has revealed that regular vapers may increase the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases.
A new study has showed that mothers who deliver pre-term are at an increased risk of developing heart diseases, as compared to women who deliver babies at full-term.
But, there are some healthy rules that, if you incorporate them in your daily activities - even when at work – will give you a lot of health benefits.
A new Zika vaccine tested in animals has the potential to provide long-term protection against the virus with a single dose, scientists say.
According to the analysis by Cancer Research UK, unhealthy lifeslyle habits, mainly obesity, are to be blamed for the rise in cancer cases in both sexes.
Doctors in the Ent department at Stanley Medical College Hospital in Channai have removed a live cockroach from woman's nasal cavity.
Fondly called `Doorbeen-wale bawa' in rural areas, Dr Pant works with the state government's health department and specialises in laproscopic sterilisation.
Do you have thick skin on your palms and soles? If yes, then it may be a sign that your are suffering from oesophageal cancer.
It is the leading cause of death worldwide and accounted for 8.2 million deaths (22% of all NCD deaths) in 2012, as per WHO statistics.
We all love to eat pizzas, French fries and burgers. But do you know that these foods are packed in greaseproof paper?
The emergence and spread of artemisinin drug resistant P falciparum lineage represents a serious threat to global malaria control and eradication efforts.
Of these 83 genetic variations, some influence adult height by more than 2 cm, which is enormous.
The brain-computer interface used near-infrared spectroscopy combined with electroencephalography (EEG) to measure blood oxygenation and electrical activity in the brain.
The difference is that these sensors are specific to the gas detected and can isolate biomarkers associated with the virus and indicate whether or not the patient has flu.
Studies have shown that smiling releases happy hormones endorphins and serotonin - which will naturally help to reduce inflammation and pain.
The World Health Organization (WHO) on Wednesday said that about 40 potential vaccines for the Zika virus are being tested, but none are likely to be available for women of childbearing age before 2020.
With the World Cancer Day being observed on February 4 across the world, it's our duty to raise as much awarenes as a human hand can to tackle this lethal illness which has been taking many precious lives.
As per the laws, anyone seen smoking within 10 metres of these visitor facilities will have to pay a fine of 243 Australian dollars ($185).
Who doesn't want to have healthy teeth? Well, everyone does and for that one needs to take proper care of them.
Specimens of blood, cerebrospinal fluid and urine as well as litchis were tested for evidence of infectious pathogens, pesticides, toxic metals.
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- DNA: Today in history, 24 February, 2017
- DNA: Why Farooq Abdullah is having so much love towards anti-nationals?
- Delhi twins drown in washing machine
- ABVP, SFI activists clash in Pune University; many injured
- Gujarat ATS arrest two people for planning a bomb blast in Rajkot's Chotila temple
- DNA: Today in history, 25th February, 2017
- DNA: Seven Earth-like planets found around a single star
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to identify job opportunities in small cities?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips bowlers apart to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh break-up? Here's what the 'Padmavati' star has to say!
- We win some and lose some, Sachin Tendulkar backs India to give Australia a strong reply in Bengaluru
- Delhi twins drown in washing machine after mother left them playing as she stepped out briefly
- Gujarat ATS arrests two 'ISIS terrorists' from Rajkot, Bhavnagar; they were planning bomb blast in Chotila Mandir
- WATCH: Virat Kohli 'clean bowled' after being deceived by Australian talisman Steve O'Keefe
- Harbhajan Singh reacts to India's humiliating loss, gets trolled by David Warner in return
- MS Dhoni slams 94-ball century against Chhattisgarh in Vijay Hazare Trophy