A C-section, although relatively safe, should be considered only when the health of either the mother or baby is at risk from vaginal delivery.
In a significant medical breakthrough and a first in the world, doctors at Kochi hospital performed a dual live-donor transplant on a 20-month-old girl, who weighs just seven kgs on Saturday.
Rotavirus vaccination was launched for five more states in the country to immunise children against diarrhoea deaths.
The advance -- using gene-editing techniques -- could help to boost breeding of endangered birds, as well as improving production of commercial hens, researchers say.
To determine whether someone has a particular disease, it is essential to measure the concentration of specific antibodies -- the agents that our immune system produces when we are ill.
The palm oil drink contained a similar amount of saturated fat as two cheeseburgers with bacon and a large portion of French fries or two salami pizzas.
The findings indicated that walking provided an improved positive attitude towards their illness and spoke of the social benefits of participating in group walks.
Researchers have revealed that Vitamins B supplements may help in reducing the symptoms of schizophrenia that affects nearly one per cent of the population more than standard treatments alone.
Intense exercise creates immune disturbances and thus people often tend to have fewer natural killer white blood cells after a workout session which also increases the risk of upper respiratory illnesses, the researchers said.
Appendicitis is currently treated through an operation to remove the appendix, known as an appendicectomy.
She is scheduled to undergo the bariatric surgery at Saifee hospital which is located near Charni road railway station.
Gene editing tool CRISPR-Cas9 can be delivered directly into the eye to treat age-related macular degeneration (AMD), an advance that may pave way for a new therapy for non-hereditary degenerative diseases.
Brugada Syndrome is an uncommon, but serious heart condition, which doctors say can also be explained as sudden cardiac arrest without any symptoms.
The deadly virus that has killed more than 100 people this winter is hard to detect in chickens and geese, animal health experts say.
A common food addictive found in both gums and chocolates can mitigate the ability of small intestine cells.
People who consumed 12 grams per day of butter had a two-fold higher risk of developing diabetes.
Heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women. But the symptoms and risk factors of heart disease aren't the same in men and women.
As new study suggests that airflow from an air conditioner stimulates the human body while sleeping as it may increase the heart rate and impact sleep conditions even if the mean airflow velocity is lower than an insensible level.
As per reports, the Health Ministry order, issued on Wednesday, covers at least 23 hospitals, including PGI Chandigarh, Jipmer Puducherry and Nimhans Bengaluru, apart from AIIMS.
The study was coordinated by the Veronese multi centre team of Arc-Net, led by Professor Aldo Scarpa, which brought together pancreatic cancer expertise from around the world.
A few medicinal plants grown in Tamil Nadu were proven to be efficacious for the management of type 2 diabetes.
Experiments were carried out in the fruit fly, which shares many similar pathways and characteristics with human genes.
The study is based on interviews with workers and experts in 10 European Union member states, Argentina, Brazil, India, Japan and the US.
Delhi's Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia has assured strict action against those found guilty.
The procedure was performed last week.
Carrying excess weight can trigger long-term reflux problems and heartburn that can lead to cancer.
There are many risk factors for preterm birth – from the mother's age, to illness, to poverty and other social factors and recent research has suggested that exposure to air pollution could also be a risk factor.
The surgery took place on January 13.
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- UP polls: Voting for fourth phase of Assembly elections today
- BJP begins counselling youths in Kashmir against stone pelting
- DNA: Analysis on mobile technology disinfection that pose threat to patients
- DNA: India sees 50% jump in millionaire exodus in 2016
- Watch - Akshay Kumar's pillow talk with his fans on fitness
- DNA: Today in history, 21 February, 2017
- BMC election results 2017: Mumbai Congress chief Sanjay Nirupam offers to resign
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- 'BJP gaining in Uttar Pradesh Assembly Elections after Hindutva introduced in campaign'
- Ulhasnagar Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Counting underway
- Scam in Arvind Kejriwal's 'Mohalla Clinic'? Vigilance Department initiates probe over doctors earning Rs 4 lakh/month
- 'Cyanide' Mallika, Sasikala's dangerous neighbour in Bengaluru prison, shifted
- Javed Miandad unfazed by Pakistani players' absence from IPL, says we've got our own PSL
- Shobhaa De gets sharp response from the cop whom she mocked on Twitter
- Amravati Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results: BJP wins big, NCP fails to open account
- Trump's immigration plans to impact 3 lakh Indian-Americans, EU ready to welcome more Indian skilled workers
- Lasith Malinga vs Travis Head: IPL preview in Australia — WATCH