The act of singing could be mutually beneficial for both the mother and the child, says the new study.
Researchers say that three of four young adults are likely to exhibit symptoms such as fidgeting and scratching of stress similar to those seen in people with post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), upon being separated from their smartphones.
As per reports, DJ MacLennan has been paying 50 pounds ( appriximately Rs 4,000) a month for the past decade to Alcor Institute in Arizona, USA, to preserve his brain in the hope that he can one day be brought back to life.
Facial transplantation is the process of removing part or all of a donor's face and attaching it onto a patient who has previously suffered facial injury or deformity.
For the thinnest child their BMI is 10 per cent due to their mother and 10 per cent due to their father, whereas, for the fattest child this transmission is closer to 30 per cent due to each parent.
Neelam Kumar, a cancer survivor, will soon be out with a comic book carrying inspirational stories of other survivors who triumphed over the dreaded disease.
The actress believes that dedicating time to walking and health shouldn't be an option.
According to doctors, mini-strokes can be considered as warning for future attacks, so early treatment can help prevent a stroke.
This "glassy carbon" electrode that is patterned inside chips lasts longer in the body and transmits clearer and more robust signals than available electrodes.
To date, it had been assumed that differences in gene activity of the right and left hemisphere might be responsible for a person's handedness.
Observational studies have linked abdominal adiposity with cardiometabolic disease -- but it is yet unclear whether it is a surrogate for obesity in general or it plays a causal role.
The alliance is joined by the State Clinical Research Centre for Respiratory Diseases, Beijing Children`s Hospital, Chinese Pediatric Society under Chinese Medical Association.
They said iron is one of the critical elements, not just for production of haemoglobin but also for brain development.
Inspite of the state's progressive status, several surveys have indicated an alarming increase in malnutrition and anaemia among children and pregnant women, an official release quoting a spokesman of the Women and Child Development Department said here today.
A researcher studied 19 mother-infant pairs and found that the results had important implications for therapies addressing disorders of the dopamine system.
The researchers made the discovery after developing a new model to study chronological ageing of these cells.
This practice takes place even after clear instructions on the disposables packaging saying that they are only for single use, should be trashed thereafter and cannot be resterilized.
By discovering the gene networks that orchestrate this process, researchers have singled out new therapeutic targets that could prevent neuron loss.
As the Centre and states are at varying levels of development, there is a need to be cognisant of this reality.
While researchers at four clinical sites in the United States took part, the project included hundreds of children across the country.
Researchers have uncovered the mechanisms that the Zika virus uses to cause foetus microcephaly, a brain development disorder.
In a significant medical breakthrough and a first in the world, doctors at Kochi hospital performed a dual live-donor transplant on a 20-month-old girl, who weighs just seven kgs on Saturday.
Rotavirus vaccination was launched for five more states in the country to immunise children against diarrhoea deaths.
The advance -- using gene-editing techniques -- could help to boost breeding of endangered birds, as well as improving production of commercial hens, researchers say.
To determine whether someone has a particular disease, it is essential to measure the concentration of specific antibodies -- the agents that our immune system produces when we are ill.
The palm oil drink contained a similar amount of saturated fat as two cheeseburgers with bacon and a large portion of French fries or two salami pizzas.
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- UP polls: Voting for fourth phase of Assembly elections today
- DNA: India sees 50% jump in millionaire exodus in 2016
- Watch - Akshay Kumar's pillow talk with his fans on fitness
- BMC election results 2017: Mumbai Congress chief Sanjay Nirupam offers to resign
- DNA: Today in History | February 22, 2017
- DNA: BJP President Amit Shah's Exclusive interview
- LPG Gas Cylinder blasts in a restaurant in Delhi's Vikash Puri area killed 2 firemen, 2 injured
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP
- Shiv Sena retains Thane Municipal Corporation, wins 67 seats
- Maharashtra civil polls: BJP bags 32 seats in Ulhasnagar, Shiv Sena 25
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: After being snubbed at IPL 2017 auction, Irfan Pathan named skipper of Baroda
- Shobhaa De gets sharp response from the cop whom she mocked on Twitter
- Amravati Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results: BJP wins big, NCP fails to open account
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details
- UP Polls: Bookies, gamblers bet huge on BJP's win after PM ups the ante
- BJP comes to power in Pune corporation for first time, dislodges NCP