Doctors say parasitic twins - asymmetric conjoined twins in which one depends on the other's bodily functions -- are extremely rare.
The world's heaviest woman Eman Ahmed, who is being treated at Mumbai's Saifee Hospital, has lost over 140 kg since her arrival in India for weight reduction treatment.
A new study has revealed that girls, who experience physical and sexual abuse in life may accelerate early puberty.
An 11-year-old girl is set to become Britain's youngest-ever mother and is expected to give birth soon.
The findings showed that when there is an imbalance between two cognitive-behavioural systems in the human brain, there is a higher rate of problematic use of social networking sites.
The technique, known as RNA interference (RNAi) therapy, essentially 'switches off' one of the genes responsible for elevated cholesterol.
The study finds highest suicide risks are among those, who misuse prescription sedative medicines, such as tranquilizers.
The move severely affected patients as the emergency unit closed for the first time in the premier institutes history.
The present restlessness in the society is often mistaken with depression which in true sense is obsessiveness, according to prominent sociologists and psycho-analysts.
This is a good news for people suffering with cancer as they may soon face better therapy with the coming of a new drug delivery method.
A new genetic test for inherited diseases has been launched by MedGenome, a company into genomics-based research and diagnostics, on Friday.
Occurring in all cells of the body, the protein SPRED2 is found in particularly high concentrations in regions of the brain, namely in the basal ganglia and the amygdala.
The experts felt there was a need for consultation with the relevant industry stakeholders before the government comes up with enabling legal frameworks.
There’s no point saying to someone who doesn’t like reading to curl up with a good book to help them fall asleep.
The study shows that urban living is a strong independent risk factor for increased asthma morbidity -- defined as higher rates of asthma-related emergency room visits and hospitalizations -- but urban living does not increase the risk for having asthma.
The findings, published in journal of Nutrition, Health & Aging, indicate that those carrying the gene of dementia can also slash their likelihood of developing toxic clumps in their brain by as much as 86 percent.
The new method involves a class of pharmaceuticals known as antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), which include some of the most promising next-generation antibody therapeutics for cancer.
Kidney failure patients on dialysis have a very high prevalence of atrial fibrillation, a common heart arrhythmia
The Oregon State University researchers found that sulforaphane, a dietary compound from broccoli that`s known to help prevent prostate cancer, may work through its influence on long, non-coding RNAs.
The Brigham and Women`s Hospital researchers found that substantial noise exposures, with potential long-term hearing effects, commonlyoccur in occupational and recreational settings and only a small percentage of those exposed are consistently wearing recommended hearing protection.
Do you think reduced-fat Oreos contain less fat compared to full-fat Oreos? Stop yourself!
A recent study has revealed that babies, especially preterm ones, with high levels of serum uric acid during early years of life, may be associated with high blood pressure at the age of seven which may further lead to hypertension in adulthood.
A new study has found that indulging in a less strenuous form of exercise known as whole-body vibration could help combat obesity and diabetes.
Scientists have developed a new pill which can be a non-invasive alternative to colonoscopies.
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- Why international media reacts negatively after Yogi Adityanath appointed as UP Chief Minister?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav injured as stage collapses in Patna
- Shiv Sena MP Ravinder Gaikwad is missing - Watch video
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to nurture and enhance talent?
- DNA: Today in History, 25 March 2017
- PM Narendra Modi's 30th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- Why international media reacts negatively after Yogi Adityanath appointed as UP Chief Minister? - Part II
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?
- SSC CGL Official Notification 2017 expected to be released soon at ssc.nic.in
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO
- Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar to compete with Kapil Sharma by teaming up for new show?
- Priyanka Chopra's picture with THIS Spanish model is UNMISSABLE!
- Emotional Kuldeep Yadav cries even as legends Sunil Gavaskar, Ravi Shastri try to decode India's latest sensation — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Highly religious people, atheists are least fearful of death, say scientists!
- Action on slaughterhouses: Yogi Adityanath govt enforcing laws that existed for years but nobody cared
- IPS officer, who had tweeted that Adityanath govt `targeting` Yadav cops, suspended
- Ravindra Gaikwad assaults Air India staffer: Shiv Sena says will 'raise hand' where needed, targets airline
- NYT criticises Yogi Adityanath's appointment as UP CM, India hits back