Gene editing tool CRISPR-Cas9 can be delivered directly into the eye to treat age-related macular degeneration (AMD), an advance that may pave way for a new therapy for non-hereditary degenerative diseases.
Brugada Syndrome is an uncommon, but serious heart condition, which doctors say can also be explained as sudden cardiac arrest without any symptoms.
The deadly virus that has killed more than 100 people this winter is hard to detect in chickens and geese, animal health experts say.
A common food addictive found in both gums and chocolates can mitigate the ability of small intestine cells.
People who consumed 12 grams per day of butter had a two-fold higher risk of developing diabetes.
Heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women. But the symptoms and risk factors of heart disease aren't the same in men and women.
As new study suggests that airflow from an air conditioner stimulates the human body while sleeping as it may increase the heart rate and impact sleep conditions even if the mean airflow velocity is lower than an insensible level.
As per reports, the Health Ministry order, issued on Wednesday, covers at least 23 hospitals, including PGI Chandigarh, Jipmer Puducherry and Nimhans Bengaluru, apart from AIIMS.
The study was coordinated by the Veronese multi centre team of Arc-Net, led by Professor Aldo Scarpa, which brought together pancreatic cancer expertise from around the world.
A few medicinal plants grown in Tamil Nadu were proven to be efficacious for the management of type 2 diabetes.
Experiments were carried out in the fruit fly, which shares many similar pathways and characteristics with human genes.
The study is based on interviews with workers and experts in 10 European Union member states, Argentina, Brazil, India, Japan and the US.
Delhi's Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia has assured strict action against those found guilty.
The procedure was performed last week.
Carrying excess weight can trigger long-term reflux problems and heartburn that can lead to cancer.
There are many risk factors for preterm birth – from the mother's age, to illness, to poverty and other social factors and recent research has suggested that exposure to air pollution could also be a risk factor.
The surgery took place on January 13.
Previous studies had showed that other brain regions such as caudate and putamen are also smaller in people with ADHD.
The World Health Organisation has said that taxation is clearly the best way to tackle the tobacco epidemic.
They also discovered a new mechanism by which the combination promotes long-term immunity against glioblastoma tumours.
China is experiencing a tough time as the death toll caused due to H7N9 bird flu has shot up recently, which has forced the poultry markets to shut.
Over 400 million people across the world grapple with the disease and India figures among the top countries with a high diabetic population.
The candidate drug, called PfSPZ, provided up to 100 percent protection for 10 weeks in a trial in Germany, although a trial in real life conditions in Mali gave a lower level of defence, they reported in two separate studies.
Here are some simple tips and tricks to sharpen your brain and thinking power.
A report says that the doctors failed to exercise reasonable degree of skill, knowledge and care which are expected of an prudent doctor in treatment of patients.
As per a new study, regular exercise can not only help in reducing weight but also control the bothersome symptoms such as hot flashes.
A team of Canadian researchers have developed a magnetic drug implant that could offer an alternative to patients, especially the diabetics, who are struggling with numerous pills or intravenous injections.
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Gujarat ATS arrest two people for planning a bomb blast in Rajkot's Chotila temple
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Delhi twins drown in washing machine
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Why is religion used as a weapon against 'freedom of speech'?
- DNA: Today in history, 25th February, 2017
- DNA: Seven Earth-like planets found around a single star
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to identify job opportunities in small cities?
- India capable of building space station, says ISRO chief Kiran Kumar
- Thane crime branch arrest 18 people in Army recruitment paper leak case
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC? Part II
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Drunk businessman molests air hostesses on Jet Airways Mumbai-Nagpur flight
- BMC elections results: Both BJP, Shiv Sena should share Mumbai Mayor's post for 2.5 years each, says RSS
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS
- We win some and lose some, Sachin Tendulkar backs India to give Australia a strong reply in Bengaluru
- Delhi twins drown in washing machine after mother left them playing as she stepped out briefly
- THIS girl wanted Narendra Modi's 'Shiva stole', she tweeted her wish; you won't believe what PM did!
- Harbhajan Singh reacts to India's humiliating loss, gets trolled by David Warner in return
- MS Dhoni slams 94-ball century against Chhattisgarh in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Man asks Karan Johar for his WhatsApp number on Twitter, KJo's reply will make you go LOL!