Walking is gentle, simple, low-impact exercise and can be done by anyone - old or young, male or female. It is one of the best things you can do for your health.
The week from November 14 to 20 is being observed as the World Antibiotic Awareness Week 2016. The aim of the programme is to increase awareness of antibiotic resistance among the general public, health workers and policy makers about antibiotic resistance and to avoid further emergence and spread of antibiotic resistance.
Besides depression, other mental issues including schizophrenia, bipolar disorder and alcohol-related mental disease, were also prevalent among the people of the state, the survey conducted by the Kerala State Mental Health Authority and National Health Mission said.
The doctor passed away on Friday at his residence at Singanallur, leaving thousands of people mourning his loss.
Terming immunisation as a very cost-effective child survival intervention, experts have sought concrete steps to ensure full immunisation in order to check infant mortality caused by vaccine-preventable diseases.
"The strategies and methods of this work could be relevant to the development of other bioartificial organs, such as a bioartificial liver or bioartificial pancreas, and organs on chips -- such as a kidney on chip, a lung on chip, or a liver on chip," said Dimitrios Stamatialis, from the University of Twente in the Netherlands.
Kiran Kumar (34), then aged 12, was playing as a child when the needle accidentally penetrated his body.Though he was rushed to a hospital, doctors could not trace it and the family eventually forgot about it.
If your child remains glued to his or her favourite video game, try to move him away as it might elevate the risk of diabetes.
Myanmar is largely unprepared for an outbreak of Zika, experts say, with the health ministry slashing anti-virus measures due to lack of funds, overworked doctors skipping check-ups and pregnant women saying they are in the dark about the dangers.
People suffering from diabetes will soon be able to find what ayurvedic medicines to take so as to keep the rising blood glucose level in control.
A new study suggests that a brain region that integrates emotions and actions appears to undergo accelerated maturation in adolescent girls with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), but not in boys with the condition.
Increased sensitivity to uncertain threat, or fear of the unknown, is common to many anxiety disorders, including panic disorder, social anxiety disorder and specific phobias, says a study.
A recent study has found that extracts from avocado seeds can potentially be used as a natural additive incorporated into ready-to-eat foods to control microbes that cause Listeria.
A 14-year-old girl from London who died of cancer became the first child to be cryogenically frozen after death in UK.
While reduced eye contact is a well-known symptom of autism used in early screeners and diagnostic instruments, why children with autism look less at other people`s eyes has not been known.
Brazil, the epicentre of the outbreak, has however refused to downgrade the risk, while experts swiftly lashed out against the world health body's decision.
Before flushing, make sure to cover the toilet seat. It is believed that all the bacteria take the air route when you flush.
About 600 million people use dirty or crowded communal toilets and pit or bucket latrines, while some 100 million have no facilities at all, it said.
According to a paper publishedin the Journal of the American Society of Nephrology, a Children`s National Health System research team has come up with a novel process by which the gene APOL1 contributes to kidney disease.
Multiple myeloma is preceded by a blood disorder called monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance (MGUS) in which abnormal plasma cells produce many copies of an antibody protein.
Family members of Raju Dhapa have donated his vital organs like liver, kidneys, heart and eyes.
The team found a parasite typically seen in the gut of humans and other mammals, along with a species closely related to the human parasite Trichomonas vaginalis, which can potentially cause STD.
The World Health Organization (WHO) declared on Friday that the Zika virus and related neurological complications no longer constitute an international emergency but said that it would continue to work on the outbreak through a "robust programme".
Attention guys, ever heard of World Toilet Day? Yes, it is actually a thing and it is celebrated globally on November 19 every year. Back in 2001, the campaign was initiated by World Toilet Organization to spread awareness on issues of sanitation.
As per a recent research published in the Cancer Prevention Research journal, researchers have developed a urine test for the likely emergence of cervical cancer that is highly accurate compared to other tests based on genetic markers derived directly from cervical tissue.
A recent research cited in an academic journal titled Nature Medicine suggests that the virus that causes hepatitis C protects itself by blocking signals that call up immune defenses in liver cells.
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- Pakistan International Airlines plane crashes near Abbottabad
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- AIADMK workers in dilemma following Jayalalithaa's death
- DNA: Complete analysis of Jayalalithaa's life
- Pro-poor schemes initiated by 'Puratchi Thalaivi' Jayalalithaa
- Bihar: Railway police seize 35 lakh in old currency notes from Jan Shatabdi Express in Gaya
- Demonetisation: Petrol pumps turn into cash counters
- DNA: Today in History, December 6, 2016
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone cuts the price of 4G data by 50%
- Donald Trump named Time magazine's Person of the Year for 2016
- PIA plane crashes near Abbottabad; singer Junaid Jamshed feared dead
- SHOCKER: Bhuvneshwar Kumar floors umpire Paul Reiffel with 'wicketless' ball — WATCH
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs
- Jayalalithaa used to give tips on skin care - Apollo Hospitals' medical staff recall Amma's stay
- Allahabad HC on triple talaq: Instant divorce is cruel, demeaning which impedes and drags India from becoming nation
- Cho Ramaswamy, a close friend of Jayalalithaa, dies; PM Narendra Modi calls him 'great nationalist'