A caesarean section, also known as c-section, is the delivery of a baby through a surgical incision in the mother's abdomen and uterus.
Identifying broadly neutralising antibodies against HIV has been difficult because the virus rapidly changes its surface proteins to evade recognition by the immune system.
Stressing out too much during pregnancy can cause long-lasting changes in the microbiome of the foetus, leading to anxiety and cognitive problems in them later.
Kidney failure, also called renal failure, is a condition in which the kidneys become unable to remove or filter metabolic wastes from the blood.
Now, researchers have uncovered a new insight into why some females have difficulty getting pregnant, a finding that could give new hope to women struggling to conceive.
Researchers are yet to find out the specific cause of SAD, but it is believed that several factors may increase your risk.
Researchers have developed new superparamagnetic crystals that could zip down drugs around your body, revolutionising drug delivery to tumours and other sites in the body that need to be targeted precisely.
In a development that could potentially lead to new treatments for diabetes, researchers have found that a protein that regulates the development of nerve cells also plays a role in prompting cells in the pancreas to release insulin, a hormone that helps to maintain a normal level of blood sugar.
Researchers at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) in the US have developed a method to identify those at risk for Alzheimer's disease on the basis of their ability to recognise and recall odours.
Custard apple rich in anti-oxidants like vitamin C that helps to get rid of free radicals from the body.
Are you suffering from insomnia? Well, this sleep disorder may increase the risk of an irregular and often rapid heartbeat, known as atrial fibrillation or arrhythmia.
A new research has found that obese individuals who undergo bariatric surgery for weight loss may have significantly decreased the risk of heart failure.
Higher calibrated total dietary protein intake appears to be associated with substantially increased heart failure risk while vegetable protein intake appears to be protective.
Statins were found to be effective in reducing risk of death, heart attacks and strokes, across a broad range of patient groups.
Nine lakh women are diagnosed with breast cancer every year and it is the second most common malignancy next to cervical cancer.
Eating the right diabetic diet can help you maintain healthy glucose levels or prevent diabetes.
India has been declared as the "world diabetic capital", with cases to touch 70 million by 2025.
So this Children's Day, Gympik, an online fitness discovery platform, has come up with five easy workouts for kids, focusing on their healthy life.
Most people with type 2 diabetes live for a long period of time without being aware of their condition.
Excess of glucose, also called sugar, in your blood from diabetes also increases your risk of eye problems.
A recent research has found that a certain protein in the body causes inflammation in rheumatoid arthritis patients which in turn will help avoid trial and error when prescribing medications.
As per the findings, about 72 percent urban children don`t exercise regularly. Obesity is also a common factor and it has grown over 65 percent among the children.
High blood sugar from diabetes is associated with damage to the tiny blood vessels in the retina, which leads to diabetic retinopathy.
Diabetes is a very common problem these days.Though people think excessive intake of sugar and sweetened food lead to diabetes, the reality is our unbalanced lifestyle also play a significant role in contributing to the condition of diabetes.
With diabetes menace on the rise in India, one associated condition that has come to the fore is diabetic retinopathy.
Kids with asthma require regular flu shots and schools with equipment and access to medications to treat asthma.
During winter season, we all take special care of our skin, but often tend to ignore our toes.
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- Bihar: Railway police seize 35 lakh in old currency notes from Jan Shatabdi Express in Gaya
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- DNA: Complete analysis of Jayalalithaa's life
- Jayalalithaa's political struggle is an inspiration for all: Mallikarjun Kharge
- AIADMK workers in dilemma following Jayalalithaa's death
- Pro-poor schemes initiated by 'Puratchi Thalaivi' Jayalalithaa
- DNA: Today in History, December 6, 2016
- DNA: Today in History, December 5, 2016
- Tamil Nadu: 7 days state mourning over Jayalalithaa's death
- DNA: Analysing the impact of Jayalalithaa's demise on AIADMK and national politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad with 47 onboard crashes near Havelian, all feared dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her
- Salman Khan and brothers make amazing revelations on ‘Koffee With Karan’
- As mark of respect to Jayalalithaa, Tamil Nadu government declares December 6 as public holiday
- Justice JS Khehar to succeed TS Thakur as next Chief Justice of India
- Jayalalithaa laid to rest at Chennai's Marina Beach: Here is how her final journey concluded
- Jayalalithaa laid to rest: Here's why 'Amma' was buried and not cremated