MeT warns of thunderstorm and squall in HP
Shimla: The MeT office today warned of thunderstorm and squall at isolated places in lower and mid hills of Himachal Pradesh on March 22 and 23.
It also predicted rains and snow at some places in mid and higher hills up to March 23 and dry weather thereafter.
There is a fresh western disturbance, as an upper-air cyclonic circulation lies over the Himalayan region. Rains or snow is likely at isolated places in mid and higher hills? up to March 23 and dry weather in the region thereafter, the MeT office said.
Meanwhile, intense cold wave conditions continued in mid and higher hills. Keylong and Kalpa recorded a low of minus 7.2 degrees Celsius and minus 0.2 degrees Celsius while Manali recorded minimum temperature at 1.2 degrees Celsius.
Bhuntar recorded 5 degrees Celsius, Sundernagar 6.6 degrees Celsius, Solan 7 degrees Celsius and Shimla 7.8 degrees Celsius.
There was no significant change in day temperatures and Una recorded a high of 24.8 degrees Celsius, Palampur 8.5 degrees Celsius, Una 10.3 degrees Celsius and Dharamshala 10.8 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO