The Himachal Pradesh government on Friday submitted its report to Governor Acharya Devvrat in connection with the Kotkhai schoolgirl rape and murder case.
Himachal Pradesh News
The protesters also blocked the Hindustan-Tibet National Highway at Theog and some other places.
The Himachal Pradesh government transferred at least seven officers, including the special investigation team (SIT) chief, after custodial death of one of the accused in Kotkhai gang-rape and murder case on late Wednesday.
Over 28 people dead and nine others are injured after a private bus heading back from Reckong Peo (Kinnaur) to Solan rolled down into a gorge at Khanetri.
Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh had also written a letter to the prime minister in this regard.
In a shocking incident that took place in Shimla's Kotkhai, an angry mob set ablaze a police station on Wednesday afternoon.
One of the six people accused of the rape and murder case of Shimla minor girl was found murdered inside his cell in Shimla district's Kotkhai tehsil on Tuesday.
More than 1,000 people belonging to 25 panchayats gathered at Kotkhai, 54 km from the state capital, and staged a protest, demanding justice for the victim. Similar protests were also held in the state capital, which saw a large attendance of college students.
The baby was buried alive when a landslide destroyed a house in Chirgaon area of Rohru in Shimla district today while Kangra, Dharamshala and Palampur received heavy rainfall leading to flooding of roads and houses.
An official of the local Met office said there are chances of heavy rainfall at some places in the state till Wednesday.
The shrine, located on National Highway-21 linking Chandigarh with Manali, is some 200 from state capital Shimla.
The Himachal Pradesh government on Friday ordered a Centre Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe into the rape and murder of a minor girl after irate residents refused to listen to the administration and took to streets.
The police said the prime accused had developed familiarity with the victim as he offered her lift two times earlier.
The Special Investigation Team (SIT) on Thursday arrested a 29-year-old man for allegedly raping and killing a minor schoolgirl in Kotkhai area here, a case which has sparked state-wide outrage.
These villages have been equipped with all modern amenities, required for growth and development, he said during a regional conference of Ministers of Social welfare of Punjab, Haryana, Jammu and Kashmir, Uttrakhand, Chandigarh and Himachal Pradesh at Chandigarh.
He replaces Sanjay Kumar who has been appointed as director general of the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF).
At least five people were killed and over 30 injured after a bus fell into a gorge in Mandi`s Lamba Thach area of Himachal Pradesh on Tuesday.
The NDRF, raised in 2006, has 12 battalions with a strength of over 13,000 personnel.
The joint exercise of the Indian Army with the Royal Thailand Army commenced at Bakloh in Chamba district, the official said.
Nearly 400 people were stranded for several hours today after a landslide triggered by heavy rains blocked the Manali-Leh National Highway near Patseu, around 50 km from Keylong, in Himachal Pradesh.
The injured have been shifted to a local hospital in Nerwa.
Himachal Pradesh Governor Acharya Devvrat on Wednesday led an event which drew nearly 1,000 people, including schoolchildren, who did yogic exercises amid cloudy skies.
BJP's Kusum Sadret was on Tuesday elected the Shimla Municipal Corporation Mayor and party colleague Rakesh Sharma her deputy, a first for the state's opposition party in three decades, an officer said.
In a breather to resorts in the picturesque Himachal Pradesh town of Kasauli, the Supreme Court has stayed a National Green Tribunal (NGT) order directing demolition of seven properties, which were extended illegally without requisite approvals from authorities.
The Himachal High Court had also directed the government to ensure that the House was duly constituted by June 19.
Delhi BJP spokesperson Tajinder Pal Singh Bagga lashed out at Congress for posting the tweet, which is distasteful in nature.
The Congress, which is the ruling party in Himachal Pradesh, bagged 13 seats. Independent candidates won three, while the CPI(M) managed to retain one seat.
Counting of votes for the 34 seats of the Shimla Municipal Corporation began on Saturday, election officials said here.
The Regional Met Office has predicted heavy rains in the hilly regions in the next 24 hours.
- Maharashtra: Video of man being hacked to death in suspected gang war goes viral
- US keeps Pakistan on list of countries providing 'safe havens' to terrorists
- This is what Ram Nath Kovind said after winning Presidential Poll - Watch
- Monsoon showers in Delhi-NCR cause waterlogging, traffic jams in many areas
- Reliance AGM: Know how you can get a free Jio 4G smartphone
- Earthquake hits Greece and Turkey: At least two dead, over 100 injured
- Ram Nath Kovind wins Presidential Election
- Encounter between police and miscreants in Ghaziabad, one arrested
- Zee Media launches Zee Salaam for Urdu audience
- AAP MLA Prakash Jarwal accused of molesting a woman
- Commandos deployed for safety of Kanwar Yatra
- J&K: Cloudburst hits Doda district; casualties reported
- DNA: All you need to know about Shimla gang-rape case
- Lesson to learn! Israel's way of dealing with stone pelters
- DNA: Analysing the article published in China's Global Times about standoff at Dokhlam
- Kangana Ranaut severely injured during 'Manikarnika' shoot, rushed to hospital
- WATCH: Harmanpreet Kaur's sensational six in BBL that even left Adam Gilchrist awestruck
- 'Expelled' from Congress, Shankersinh Vaghela heaps praise on RSS
- Presidential Election 2017 Results: The states where Meira Kumar got more votes than Ram Nath Kovind
- Ram Nath Kovind vs Meira Kumar: Here is how states voted in Presidential Election 2017
- WATCH: Fuming Harmanpreet Kaur leaves Deepti Sharma in tears after committing to suicidal run against Australia
- WATCH: Skipper Mithali Raj, Veda Krishnamurthy celebrate Harmanpreet Kaur's epic knock in style
- India will surely lose if it engages with China militarily, warns Chinese daily on Dokalam row
- Maharashtra horror: Goon butchered in Dhule, CCTV footage goes viral - Watch
- Doklam Impasse: India should not engage China in ''tit for tat'' response, says Shyam Saran
- Caught on cam: Goons brutally thrash couple in UP's Maharajgang, circulate video
- OMG! Croc 'returns' body of man after witch doctor summons it: Watch Video
- Have fertility problems? This app helps Kashmiri woman get pregnant after 7 years
- Search for missing Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 uncovers hidden undersea world
- WATCH: Harmanpreet Kaur destroys Australia with rampaging knock in ICC Women's WC semi-final