The High Court has directed the CBI to complete the case at the earliest and gave two weeks time to probe panel.
Himachal Pradesh News
Two mild quakes were recorded simultaneously on Wednesday in Himachal Pradesh's Chamba region, which witnessed tremors for three consecutive days in May, an official said.
The incident took place in Kullu's Mashnu Nallah.
Rescuers on Monday resumed search operations for the second day in Himachal Pradesh's Mandi district where a massive mudslide swallowed a 150m stretch of road burying three homes, two buses and a bike and leaving 46 dead.
At least 46 people were killed in a massive mudslide that swallowed a 150 metre stretch of road, and buried homes, two buses and vehicles in Himachal Pradesh`s Mandi district on Sunday, officials said.
Seventeen bodies were recovered and five injured rescued after a day-long operation, Deputy Commissioner Sandeep Kadam told reporters at the spot.
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh who visited the site, said that rescue operations are underway and relief announcement will be done by the Government soon.
A government official said the Satluj, Beas and Yamuna rivers and their tributaries have been in spate in Kinnaur, Shimla, Kullu, Mandi, Bilaspur and Sirmaur districts.
The appointment to higher posts should be through elections only and as per the constitution of the Congress.
The local MeT office has warned of heavy rains in mid and lower hills from August 7 to August 9 and predicted wet spell in the region for the next six days.
Two women pilgrims were killed and 22 others injured, seven of them seriously, in a head on collision between a truck and a mini-truck near Nangal village in Sirsa on Rupnagar-Nangal road here on Saturday, police said.
The people in Shimla, Solan and upper areas remained without newspapers, milk, vegetables and bread as the supplies did not reach.
Heavy rains are believed to be the cause of the building's collapse.
Three vehicles, including three tractors, were washed away and several roads and huts were damaged as heavy rains lashed Himachal Pradesh on Thursday, officials said.
Due to the failure of government and police in handling the Shimla case, the public has lost faith in the state machinery and is resorting to protests.
The Himachal Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test, conducted for recruitment of various categories of teachers, is organised and managed by the Himachal Pradesh Board of Secondary Education.
Himachal Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test Examination 2017 will be held in September.
On completion of investigation., the charge sheet was filed on June 12. The court held the accused guilty on July 19
The high court had earlier rejected a plea seeking quashing of proceedings registered by the Enforcement Directorate under Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA).
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Saturday took up the sensational gang-rape and murder case of a school girl in Shimla that has led to massive protests in the hill state.
The Congress on Saturday appointed former Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde as its general secretary incharge of party affairs in Himachal Pradesh, replacing Ambika Soni.
The Himachal Pradesh government on Friday submitted its report to Governor Acharya Devvrat in connection with the Kotkhai schoolgirl rape and murder case.
The protesters also blocked the Hindustan-Tibet National Highway at Theog and some other places.
The Himachal Pradesh government transferred at least seven officers, including the special investigation team (SIT) chief, after custodial death of one of the accused in Kotkhai gang-rape and murder case on late Wednesday.
Over 28 people dead and nine others are injured after a private bus heading back from Reckong Peo (Kinnaur) to Solan rolled down into a gorge at Khanetri.
Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh had also written a letter to the prime minister in this regard.
In a shocking incident that took place in Shimla's Kotkhai, an angry mob set ablaze a police station on Wednesday afternoon.
One of the six people accused of the rape and murder case of Shimla minor girl was found murdered inside his cell in Shimla district's Kotkhai tehsil on Tuesday.
More than 1,000 people belonging to 25 panchayats gathered at Kotkhai, 54 km from the state capital, and staged a protest, demanding justice for the victim. Similar protests were also held in the state capital, which saw a large attendance of college students.
The baby was buried alive when a landslide destroyed a house in Chirgaon area of Rohru in Shimla district today while Kangra, Dharamshala and Palampur received heavy rainfall leading to flooding of roads and houses.
- Watch: Truck driver pulls break on time to avoid accident; saves 3 lives
- Pak High Commission behind terror funding in J&K: Zahoor Watali
- Teachers force students to convert religion; FIR lodged
- JD(U) passes resolution to join NDA - Watch report
- Gorakhpur: Yogi Adityanath accuses previous govts for deaths of children
- DNA: Know why the number of engineering colleges are reducing in India
- Kalinga Utkal express derails at UP's Muzaffarnagar
- Portal launched for online registration of madrasas in UP
- Watch: Clashes of Indian-Chinese soldiers' at Ladakh
- DNA: Know what's there in the upcoming DSC Show
- DNA: Non Stop News
- DNA : Today In History, August 18, 2017
- DNA: Analysing the degradation of moral values in Indian Society
- Watch: Manager pulls lady staff's saree in 5-star hotel, later sacks her
- UP government plans to bring 'fees control law' for private schools
- Aadhaar Card: Here's how to verify your email address, mobile number
- MP: Man assaults woman at gym, brutally kicks her -Watch video
- WATCH: Virat Kohli loses cool after watching child assault video
- 23 dead, many injured as 14 coaches of Utkal Express derail in UP's Khatauli
- Toilet: Ek Prem Katha collections—Akshay Kumar proves his mettle; film crosses Rs 100 cr
- Day after Spain terror attacks, three dead in Finland, Germany stabbing spree
- Doctor's attempt to inject hospital superintendent with HIV+ blood over personal grudge foiled
- Ruckus after AIMIM corporators refuse to stand up for Vande Mataram in Maharashtra civic body
- PM Narendra Modi's austerity drive for ministers, asks them to avoid 5-star hotels, PSUs vehicles
- Nitish Kumar-led JD(U) passes resolution to join NDA
- Nitish-led JD(U) passes resolution to join NDA; Sharad Yadav to approach EC to stake claim over party symbol
- Painful menstrual cramps? Experts swear by these Yoga asanas to help you relieve your suffering!
- Air-conditioned jackets for the Indian Special Forces soon, says Manohar Parrirkar
- Rajasthan: No toilet at home, court grants divorce to woman
- WATCH: Alastair Cook reaches his 4th Test double hundred in funniest way