A high as well as medium danger avalanche warning was issued today for some avalanche-prone areas of Jammu-Kashmir and Himachal Pradesh.
Himachal Pradesh News
25 children were injured when a school bus overturned and fell into a ditch while the driver was trying to overtake another bus near Dehar in Mandi district on Friday morning.
At least 25 school children were injured on Friday when their school bus skidded off the mountain road in Mandi district in Himachal Pradesh, police said.
Intense cold wave conditions eased in lower hills of Himachal Pradesh today as minimum temperatures rose by a few notches across the state.
A Nigerian drug smuggler Okey Chikoo Mathew was arrested on Monday by Kullu district police of Himachal Pradesh with 1 kilogram drug and 550 grams heroin drug. He was arrested from Nawada area under Uttam Nagar police station in Delhi from a private house after the tip of a youth Parveen, belonging to Odisha, who earlier worked for him and was arrested by Delhi Police last week.
It's a big victory for BJP as the saffron party backed panel emerged as winner in Himachal Pradesh University non-Teaching employees association polls.
Himachal Pradesh was rocked by a moderate intensity earthquake on Monday, an official said. There was no loss of life.
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh will present the state budget on March 10, an official said on Saturday.
Patient care in over 700 government hospitals and dispensaries in Himachal Pradesh was again hit on Friday as more than 3,000 doctors went on strike for two hours.
The pre-Holi festival of Basant begins in Kullu with the procession of the palanquin of Local deity Ragunath.
Raising alarm bells for the security agencies, some posters allegedly linked to the world's most dreaded terrorist outfit - Islamic State (IS) – were found near an army cantonment in Himachal Pradesh's Solan district on Tuesday.
Chandigarh-based Snow and Avalanche Study Establishment (SASE) issued the warning that would be valid for the next 24 hours starting at 5 pm on Thursday.
Shimla, Jan 26 (IANS) Several parts of Himachal Pradesh on Thursday received moderate to heavy snowfall, snapping road connectivity to many areas in the higher reaches.
Governor Acharya Devvrat hoisted the flag at the main function at the historic Ridge here.
Several parts of Himachal Pradesh on Thursday received moderate to heavy snow, snapping road connectivity to many areas in the higher reaches.
Meteorological Department has issued a warning of heavy to very heavy snowfall in parts of Jammu and Kashmir and Himachal Pradesh for next two days.
"I think this time there should be a clean sweep in the HP elections," he said addressing the party's 'Tridev Sammelan' at Rait near here.
Shimla saw a slight rise in night temperature. The morning temperature was 1.3 degrees Celsius, a marginal rise from Wednesday, the weather office here said.
The entire tribal belt of Lahaul and Spiti, Kinnaur, Pangi and Bharmaur and upper areas of Shimla, Kullu and Sirmaur were cut off from rest of the state while mid and higher hills today received second heavy snowfall of the season and the lower hills experienced widespread rains.
There was no respite from piercing cold wave sweeping across Himachal Pradesh today, even though minimum temperatures rose by a few notches.
Icicles formed in a large part of this Himachal Pradesh capital after many years with the minimum temperature remaining below sub-zero on the sixth consecutive day on Thursday. The weathermen forecast more rain and snow later this weekend.
Most parts of Himachal Pradesh reeled under biting cold conditions as the state capital Shimla and tourist destination Manali experienced the season's coldest night with temperatures dipping to minus 3.3C and minus 6.6C respectively.
Power and water supply were disrupted and traffic on roads remained affected due to the heavy snowfall.
A medium danger avalanche warning has been issued for some avalanche prone districts of Jammu and Kashmir and Himachal Pradesh as north India witnessed heavy snowfall across the two states since Friday.
A medium danger avalanche warning was issued on Saturday for some avalanche prone districts of Jammu and Kashmir and Himachal Pradesh.
Popular tourist destinations Shimla, Manali and Dalhousie remained cut off throughout Saturday from the rest of Himachal Pradesh following continuous snowfall, officials said.
This was the season`s first significant snowfall that froze the "Queen of Hills", as Shimla was fondly called by the British.
The tourist resorts of Kufri and Narkanda near Shimla experienced mild snow in the past 24 hours, the weather bureau said on Monday, triggering a rush of tourists.
Hill stations of Himachal Pradesh on Sunday experienced a sunny morning on the first day of 2017, but there are chances of snow this week, a weather official said here.
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- UP Assembly Elections: Over 61% turnout in phase three polling
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati - Part II
- PM Modi may hold a road show in Varanasi on March 3
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Opposition attacks PM Modi over his controversial statement
- Global Investors' Summit: In conversation with Jharkhand CM Raghubar Das
- Air pollution claims two Indian lives every minute: Study
- 24-year-old girl raped in Delhi's Hauz Khas area
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000
- SpaceX blasts off Falcon 9 rocket from NASA launchpad
- IND A vs Australia, Warm-up tie, Day 3 - As it happened
- IPL 10: RPS owner Sanjeev Goenka reveals reason behind replacing MS Dhoni with Steve Smith as captain
- IPL 2017: Mahendra Singh Dhoni replaced as Rising Pune Supergiants captain; Australia's Steve Smith named new skipper
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Kota: Fire breaks out at petrol pump in Rajasthan
- #IPL2017auction: Ben Stokes hogs limelight, goes to Rising Pune Supergiants for massive Rs 14.5 crore
- Bengaluru shamed again! Biker sexually assaults air hostess in posh residential area, tears her top