A landslide at Chhetri blocked the Kaza-Keylong highway in tribal Lahaul and Spiti district stranding many people for several hours. Landslides also occurred in Sirmaur, Shimla and Mandi districts.
Himachal Pradesh News
AIIMS Bilaspur is another milestone in the list of achievements of the National Democratic Alliance government in the health sector, an official statement quoted Nadda as saying.
A mild quake was recorded on Sunday in Himachal Pradesh`s Chamba region.
Expressing concerns over lethargy on part of officials of Panchayati Raj Institutions, the Himachal Pradesh High Court has directed the state to increase their accountability by installing bio-metric attendance system in all government offices.
On receiving information about the incident, officials of the district headquarter Reckong Peo rushed a rescue team to the spot.
The assembly polls are due in the state later this year and the EC is expected to announce the dates by end of this month or the beginning of October.
The Himachal Pradesh High Court on Wednesday gave the CBI two weeks to conclude the probe in the Kotkhai rape and murder case of a teenager, and the custodial death of an accused, while voicing concern over the slow pace of investigation.
The area has been witnessing heavy rainfall for the past three days.
The Class X student had gone missing on July 4 and her naked body was recovered from Haliala forests in Kotkhai on July 6.
At least two persons died when a bus overturned in Chamba district's Dalhouise area in Himachal Pradesh, on Wednesday.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Tuesday arrested Himachal Pradesh IGP Zahur Zaidi and seven other policemen in connection with Kotkhai rape suspect Surat Singh's custodial death case.
The High Court has directed the CBI to complete the case at the earliest and gave two weeks time to probe panel.
Two mild quakes were recorded simultaneously on Wednesday in Himachal Pradesh's Chamba region, which witnessed tremors for three consecutive days in May, an official said.
The incident took place in Kullu's Mashnu Nallah.
Rescuers on Monday resumed search operations for the second day in Himachal Pradesh's Mandi district where a massive mudslide swallowed a 150m stretch of road burying three homes, two buses and a bike and leaving 46 dead.
At least 46 people were killed in a massive mudslide that swallowed a 150 metre stretch of road, and buried homes, two buses and vehicles in Himachal Pradesh`s Mandi district on Sunday, officials said.
Seventeen bodies were recovered and five injured rescued after a day-long operation, Deputy Commissioner Sandeep Kadam told reporters at the spot.
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh who visited the site, said that rescue operations are underway and relief announcement will be done by the Government soon.
A government official said the Satluj, Beas and Yamuna rivers and their tributaries have been in spate in Kinnaur, Shimla, Kullu, Mandi, Bilaspur and Sirmaur districts.
The appointment to higher posts should be through elections only and as per the constitution of the Congress.
The local MeT office has warned of heavy rains in mid and lower hills from August 7 to August 9 and predicted wet spell in the region for the next six days.
Two women pilgrims were killed and 22 others injured, seven of them seriously, in a head on collision between a truck and a mini-truck near Nangal village in Sirsa on Rupnagar-Nangal road here on Saturday, police said.
The people in Shimla, Solan and upper areas remained without newspapers, milk, vegetables and bread as the supplies did not reach.
Heavy rains are believed to be the cause of the building's collapse.
Three vehicles, including three tractors, were washed away and several roads and huts were damaged as heavy rains lashed Himachal Pradesh on Thursday, officials said.
Due to the failure of government and police in handling the Shimla case, the public has lost faith in the state machinery and is resorting to protests.
The Himachal Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test, conducted for recruitment of various categories of teachers, is organised and managed by the Himachal Pradesh Board of Secondary Education.
Himachal Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test Examination 2017 will be held in September.
On completion of investigation., the charge sheet was filed on June 12. The court held the accused guilty on July 19
The high court had earlier rejected a plea seeking quashing of proceedings registered by the Enforcement Directorate under Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA).
- Doklam standoff: China deploys over 12,000 troops in Chumbi Valley
- Pak's nuclear weapons at risk of being stolen by terrorists: US scientists
- Army foils infiltration bid in Uri, terrorist killed
- Watch: James Mattis, Nirmala Sitharaman speak at India-US joint press briefing
- Honeypreet files anticipatory bail plea, claims threat to life
- Govt failed to fulfill any of its promises in 3 years of reign: Mulayam Singh
- India exercises right to reply, slams Pak at UN after Maleeha Lodhi's goof-up
- Haryana police raids locations across Delhi in search of Honeypreet Insan
- TMC MP Mukul Roy to quit party post Durga Puja
- Iqbal Kaskar confirms brother Dawood Ibrahim lives in Karachi
- Dawood Ibrahim funded Zakir Naik's NGO, reveals Iqbal Kaskar
- Graves of 28 hindus collectively found in Myanmar
- India should welcome Rohingya refugees, says BJP leader Varun Gandhi
- BHU violence: Varanasi commissioner questions varsity administration, say sources
- Ousted Pak PM Nawaz Sharif to have a hard time ahead, says political analyst
- 41-year-old woman detained at passport control for being 'too young'
- Newton for Oscars: Priyanka Chopra and mother Madhu Chopra upset over film's entry?
- Donald Trump once wanted to have sex with Princess Diana
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi retweets Sachin Tendulkar, Twitter goes beserk
- Mahira Khan and Ranbir Kapoor NYC photo frenzy: Bollywood stands up in defence
- Karunanidhi is well, rumours of death are completely false, say DMK leaders
- This Twitter convo between Kumar Sangakkara and Hardik Pandya is pure gold
- Eman Ahmed, once dubbed as world's heaviest woman, passes away
- Honeypreet also 'raped' by Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh at Dera, claims follower
- 'China used loudspeakers, tanks to bully India, Bhutan during Doklam standoff'
- US reveals 9 secret locations housing Pakistan's nuclear weapons, raises 'takeover' alarm
- Designed to last 6 months, India's Mangalyaan completes 3 years in Mars orbit
- India, US hit out at 'terror safe haven' Pakistan in joint statement
- PM Modi pushes electricity for all with Rs 16,000 cr Saubhagya Scheme
- Dengue, chikungunya, malaria, flu – Here's your guide to tackle infections head-on!