Himachal Pradesh Governor Acharya Devvrat on Wednesday led an event which drew nearly 1,000 people, including schoolchildren, who did yogic exercises amid cloudy skies.
Himachal Pradesh News
BJP's Kusum Sadret was on Tuesday elected the Shimla Municipal Corporation Mayor and party colleague Rakesh Sharma her deputy, a first for the state's opposition party in three decades, an officer said.
In a breather to resorts in the picturesque Himachal Pradesh town of Kasauli, the Supreme Court has stayed a National Green Tribunal (NGT) order directing demolition of seven properties, which were extended illegally without requisite approvals from authorities.
The Himachal High Court had also directed the government to ensure that the House was duly constituted by June 19.
Delhi BJP spokesperson Tajinder Pal Singh Bagga lashed out at Congress for posting the tweet, which is distasteful in nature.
The Congress, which is the ruling party in Himachal Pradesh, bagged 13 seats. Independent candidates won three, while the CPI(M) managed to retain one seat.
Counting of votes for the 34 seats of the Shimla Municipal Corporation began on Saturday, election officials said here.
The Regional Met Office has predicted heavy rains in the hilly regions in the next 24 hours.
Voting for the Shimla Municipal Corporation, one of the oldest civic bodies in the country, is currently underway on Friday.
Countering Dhumal`s claims, CPI-M Deputy Mayor Panwar said Shimla has been seeing a jaundice epidemic every alternate year since 2007.
The deceased are yet to be identified but the injured has been rushed to Tanda Medical College in Kangra, Dharamsala Superintendent of Police S Gandhi said.
Himachal Pradesh's octogenarian Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh has taken it upon himself to restoring.
Chandrashekhar, the chief of Bhim Army, which was allegedly behind the recent violence in Saharanpur district of Uttar Pradesh, was arrested from Dalhousie, Himachal Pradesh on Thursday.
Rains lashed most tourist destinations including Dharamsala, Palampur, Manali, Kasauli, Shimla, Kufri, Narkanda, Chamba and Dalhousie.
Eight people, including four children, were killed on Wednesday after a boundary wall of a factory collapsed amid a storm on their makeshift homes in Himachal Pradesh's Baddi town.
Trees were uprooted and vehicles got damaged in heavy rain and storm in Himachal Pradesh's Mandi on Tuesday.
It was 35.9 degrees in Sundernagar in Mandi district, and 33.8 degrees at Dharamsala in Kangra district.
Union minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on Monday said the Centre had agreed in "principle" to establish the National E-Vidhan Academy (NEVA) in Himachal Pradesh for conducting training sessions for legislators and parliamentarians.
Himachal Pradesh`s economy is highly dependent on tourism, besides hydroelectric power and horticulture.
Moments after the 82-year-old politician was granted bail by a special court, Singh told mediapersons that it was going to be a long battle.
A CBI court on Monday granted bail to Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh and others accused in the Rs 10 crore disproportionate assets case.
On May 22, CM, his wife and others appeared before a court in New Delhi and sought bail in a disproportionate assets case worth over Rs 10 crore.
Two passengers were killed and eight others were injured after a mini bus overturned in Himachal Pradesh's Solan district.
2 Havaldars and 1 rifleman made the supreme sacrifice during a Counter Infiltration Operation along LOC.
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh and the other accused in the Disproportionate Assets (DA) case, moved the special CBI court for bail here today.
The BJP on Saturday termed as "homecoming" the rejoining of former Himachal Pradesh Assembly Speaker Radha Raman Shashtri to the party after five years.
Two low-intensity earthquakes on Friday struck Chamba, adjoining Jammu and Kashmir.
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Friday stirred a hornet`s nest by making a controversial statement on deaths caused due to swine flu."This keeps happening.
A special two-day session has been convened for the passage of the bill on May 26
- India's first traffic robot introduced in Indore
- Martyr Kashmiri cop Firoz Dar's poem on Facebook goes viral
- International Yoga Day 2017: PM Modi leads celebrations in Lucknow
- DNA: Analysing Anil Kumble's exit statement as India coach
- J&K: Three LeT terrorists killed in Pulwama
- Anil Kumble steps down as Team India head coach
- All you need to know about operation 'All Out' in J&K
- DNA: Analysis of life taking speed breakers
- Two injured in firing outside Jalandhar mall
- Agra: Drunk policeman creates ruckus, assaults hotel staff
- Lucknow: 7-year-old girl dies after iron gate of UP Secretariat falls on her
- Watch: Record 5 lakh people do Yoga in Ahmedabad
- DNA: Analysing the power of yoga
- DNA: Today in History, June 21, 2016
- Presidential election: JD(U) supports NDA pick Ram Nath Kovind
- Bihar Board 10th result 2017 LIVE: BSEB 10th result 2017/Matric result 2017 declared, check biharboard.ac.in; overall pass percentage is 50.12
- Delhi on high alert after Intelligence Bureau warns of London-style terror attack
- Virender Sehwag reacts on Anil Kumble's resignation, says Jumbo's shoes will be hard to fill
- Countdown begins as ISRO set to launch Cartosat-2 with 30 nano satellites Friday
- Saudi family tax creates big financial burden for Indians; 100 riyals for each dependent per month
- After Anil Kumble-Virat Kohli fiasco, fans demand return of MS Dhoni as India captain
- World must be prepared for an asteroid strike, warns scientist
- BJP leader Bandi Ramesh hacked to death in Karnataka's Ballari
- GST effect: AC, first class train fares to go up
- Day of retirements for New Zealand: Black Caps lose Luke Ronchi, Jeetan Patel on same day
- Rajdhani, Shatabdi trains now set for a makeover: Here is all you need to know
- Virat Kohli vs Anil Kumble: Batting great Sunil Gavaskar demands clarification from India captain
- Refrain from promoting GST or face protest: Congress' advice to Amitabh Bachchan
- Virat Kohli's favourite Ravi Shastri to apply for India job only under one condition
- China funding Pakistan's mega dam in Pak-occupied Kashmir?