A mild quake was recorded on Sunday in Himachal Pradesh`s Chamba region.
Himachal Pradesh News
Expressing concerns over lethargy on part of officials of Panchayati Raj Institutions, the Himachal Pradesh High Court has directed the state to increase their accountability by installing bio-metric attendance system in all government offices.
On receiving information about the incident, officials of the district headquarter Reckong Peo rushed a rescue team to the spot.
The assembly polls are due in the state later this year and the EC is expected to announce the dates by end of this month or the beginning of October.
The Himachal Pradesh High Court on Wednesday gave the CBI two weeks to conclude the probe in the Kotkhai rape and murder case of a teenager, and the custodial death of an accused, while voicing concern over the slow pace of investigation.
The area has been witnessing heavy rainfall for the past three days.
The Class X student had gone missing on July 4 and her naked body was recovered from Haliala forests in Kotkhai on July 6.
At least two persons died when a bus overturned in Chamba district's Dalhouise area in Himachal Pradesh, on Wednesday.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Tuesday arrested Himachal Pradesh IGP Zahur Zaidi and seven other policemen in connection with Kotkhai rape suspect Surat Singh's custodial death case.
The High Court has directed the CBI to complete the case at the earliest and gave two weeks time to probe panel.
Two mild quakes were recorded simultaneously on Wednesday in Himachal Pradesh's Chamba region, which witnessed tremors for three consecutive days in May, an official said.
The incident took place in Kullu's Mashnu Nallah.
Rescuers on Monday resumed search operations for the second day in Himachal Pradesh's Mandi district where a massive mudslide swallowed a 150m stretch of road burying three homes, two buses and a bike and leaving 46 dead.
At least 46 people were killed in a massive mudslide that swallowed a 150 metre stretch of road, and buried homes, two buses and vehicles in Himachal Pradesh`s Mandi district on Sunday, officials said.
Seventeen bodies were recovered and five injured rescued after a day-long operation, Deputy Commissioner Sandeep Kadam told reporters at the spot.
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh who visited the site, said that rescue operations are underway and relief announcement will be done by the Government soon.
A government official said the Satluj, Beas and Yamuna rivers and their tributaries have been in spate in Kinnaur, Shimla, Kullu, Mandi, Bilaspur and Sirmaur districts.
The appointment to higher posts should be through elections only and as per the constitution of the Congress.
The local MeT office has warned of heavy rains in mid and lower hills from August 7 to August 9 and predicted wet spell in the region for the next six days.
Two women pilgrims were killed and 22 others injured, seven of them seriously, in a head on collision between a truck and a mini-truck near Nangal village in Sirsa on Rupnagar-Nangal road here on Saturday, police said.
The people in Shimla, Solan and upper areas remained without newspapers, milk, vegetables and bread as the supplies did not reach.
Heavy rains are believed to be the cause of the building's collapse.
Three vehicles, including three tractors, were washed away and several roads and huts were damaged as heavy rains lashed Himachal Pradesh on Thursday, officials said.
Due to the failure of government and police in handling the Shimla case, the public has lost faith in the state machinery and is resorting to protests.
The Himachal Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test, conducted for recruitment of various categories of teachers, is organised and managed by the Himachal Pradesh Board of Secondary Education.
Himachal Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test Examination 2017 will be held in September.
On completion of investigation., the charge sheet was filed on June 12. The court held the accused guilty on July 19
The high court had earlier rejected a plea seeking quashing of proceedings registered by the Enforcement Directorate under Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA).
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Saturday took up the sensational gang-rape and murder case of a school girl in Shimla that has led to massive protests in the hill state.
The Congress on Saturday appointed former Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde as its general secretary incharge of party affairs in Himachal Pradesh, replacing Ambika Soni.
- Honeypreet's husband Vishwas Gupta addresses a press conference - Watch
- Sushma Swaraj slams Pakistan over terrorism in UNGA address
- Governance is not about votes, nation comes first: PM Modi
- Shabir Shah confesses to links with Hafiz Saeed: ED chargeheet
- DU professor insults goddess Durga on Facebook
- 101-year-old becomes fastest female centenarian in the world
- Senior journalist KJ Singh found dead at his residence in Mohali
- A look at Reliance Jio phone features
- We made IITs, IIMs, Pak created LeT & JeM: Sushma Swaraj at UNGA
- Everyone will get a home by 2022, says PM Modi
- Pak envoy shows fake photo to defame India at UN
- CBI begins investigation in Ryan murder case
- Sushma Swaraj addresses United Nations General Assembly
- PM Modi lauds Kashmiri boy Bilal Dar for actively taking up cleanliness drive
- UP police arrests another accused in Muzaffarnagar gang-rape case
- Meet Nirvaan, India's smallest and youngest baby born after 22 weeks
- Virat Kohli plays 10 times better when he fights with people: Stuart Clark warns Australia
- Honeypreet didn't let me come close to Gurmeet Ram Rahim, feared I may marry him: Rakhi Sawant
- Live - IND vs AUS, 3rd ODI: Aussie pacers remove both openers
- Pakistan envoy shows photo of Palestinian victim as 'evidence of atrocities' on Kashmiris
- Know why eating onion and garlic is a big no-no during Navratri?
- 'Foreigner hai aap'- Assamese girl denied entry into Agra monument, asked to prove herself an 'Indian'
- DU professor uses obscene language to insult goddess Durga
- We built IITs, IIMs, Pak created Lashkar, Jaish: Sushma at UNGA
- Ram Rahim used to organise 'Bigg Boss'-like show: Honeypreet's ex-husband
- Pakistan headed towards international isolation: Ex-Pak envoy
- Ind vs Aus, 3rd ODI: Wrist spinners in focus as curator promises batting paradise in Indore
- Rajkummar Rao's Newton beats Baahubali 2 in Oscar race—Here's how
- 'Kaskar used burner phones, sim boxes to call brother Dawood'
- Honeypreet stayed in our house on day of Ram Rahim's sentencing: Relative