The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Saturday took up the sensational gang-rape and murder case of a school girl in Shimla that has led to massive protests in the hill state.
Himachal Pradesh News
The Congress on Saturday appointed former Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde as its general secretary incharge of party affairs in Himachal Pradesh, replacing Ambika Soni.
The Himachal Pradesh government on Friday submitted its report to Governor Acharya Devvrat in connection with the Kotkhai schoolgirl rape and murder case.
The protesters also blocked the Hindustan-Tibet National Highway at Theog and some other places.
The Himachal Pradesh government transferred at least seven officers, including the special investigation team (SIT) chief, after custodial death of one of the accused in Kotkhai gang-rape and murder case on late Wednesday.
Over 28 people dead and nine others are injured after a private bus heading back from Reckong Peo (Kinnaur) to Solan rolled down into a gorge at Khanetri.
Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh had also written a letter to the prime minister in this regard.
In a shocking incident that took place in Shimla's Kotkhai, an angry mob set ablaze a police station on Wednesday afternoon.
One of the six people accused of the rape and murder case of Shimla minor girl was found murdered inside his cell in Shimla district's Kotkhai tehsil on Tuesday.
More than 1,000 people belonging to 25 panchayats gathered at Kotkhai, 54 km from the state capital, and staged a protest, demanding justice for the victim. Similar protests were also held in the state capital, which saw a large attendance of college students.
The baby was buried alive when a landslide destroyed a house in Chirgaon area of Rohru in Shimla district today while Kangra, Dharamshala and Palampur received heavy rainfall leading to flooding of roads and houses.
An official of the local Met office said there are chances of heavy rainfall at some places in the state till Wednesday.
The shrine, located on National Highway-21 linking Chandigarh with Manali, is some 200 from state capital Shimla.
The Himachal Pradesh government on Friday ordered a Centre Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe into the rape and murder of a minor girl after irate residents refused to listen to the administration and took to streets.
The police said the prime accused had developed familiarity with the victim as he offered her lift two times earlier.
The Special Investigation Team (SIT) on Thursday arrested a 29-year-old man for allegedly raping and killing a minor schoolgirl in Kotkhai area here, a case which has sparked state-wide outrage.
These villages have been equipped with all modern amenities, required for growth and development, he said during a regional conference of Ministers of Social welfare of Punjab, Haryana, Jammu and Kashmir, Uttrakhand, Chandigarh and Himachal Pradesh at Chandigarh.
He replaces Sanjay Kumar who has been appointed as director general of the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF).
At least five people were killed and over 30 injured after a bus fell into a gorge in Mandi`s Lamba Thach area of Himachal Pradesh on Tuesday.
The NDRF, raised in 2006, has 12 battalions with a strength of over 13,000 personnel.
The joint exercise of the Indian Army with the Royal Thailand Army commenced at Bakloh in Chamba district, the official said.
Nearly 400 people were stranded for several hours today after a landslide triggered by heavy rains blocked the Manali-Leh National Highway near Patseu, around 50 km from Keylong, in Himachal Pradesh.
The injured have been shifted to a local hospital in Nerwa.
Himachal Pradesh Governor Acharya Devvrat on Wednesday led an event which drew nearly 1,000 people, including schoolchildren, who did yogic exercises amid cloudy skies.
BJP's Kusum Sadret was on Tuesday elected the Shimla Municipal Corporation Mayor and party colleague Rakesh Sharma her deputy, a first for the state's opposition party in three decades, an officer said.
In a breather to resorts in the picturesque Himachal Pradesh town of Kasauli, the Supreme Court has stayed a National Green Tribunal (NGT) order directing demolition of seven properties, which were extended illegally without requisite approvals from authorities.
The Himachal High Court had also directed the government to ensure that the House was duly constituted by June 19.
Delhi BJP spokesperson Tajinder Pal Singh Bagga lashed out at Congress for posting the tweet, which is distasteful in nature.
The Congress, which is the ruling party in Himachal Pradesh, bagged 13 seats. Independent candidates won three, while the CPI(M) managed to retain one seat.
Counting of votes for the 34 seats of the Shimla Municipal Corporation began on Saturday, election officials said here.
- Watch: How floods cause complete mayhem in several parts of the country
- 1962 Indo-China war memorial in Gurugram vandalised
- Watch - Volcano like eruption from Bokaro coal mine due to excessive rain
- Egypt: Tank crushes car in attempt to stop bomb blast in North Sinai
- PM Modi hails Nitish for moving out of Bihar 'Mahagathbandhan'
- DNA: All you need to know about Ram Nath Kovind, India's 14th President
- Watch: Nitish Kumar takes oath as Bihar CM
- It's for Nitish Kumar to decide on allying with BJP: Ravi Shankar Prasad
- JD(U) chief said will die but not join BJP: Lalu Yadav
- NIA prepares 110-page dossier on 48 gang leaders of J&K stone pelters
- DNA: Today In History, July 25, 2017
- Gujarat floods: Death toll reaches 83; PM announces Rs 500 crore aid
- PM Narendra to undertake aerial survey of flood-hit areas in Gujarat
- DNA: Nonstop News
- Watch - The ten biggest international news of the day
- Abu Dhabi hospital confirms Eman Ahmed's weight loss, says she's 65 kilos lighter!
- LIVE: Nitish Kumar govt to seek trust vote on Friday; Lalu Prasad Yadav calls JD(U) leader greedy for power
- Lizard found in biryani served to passenger travelling in Poorva Express
- India's Tour of Sri Lanka: Yuvraj Singh trolls Shikhar Dhawan for not wearing shoes
- BJP's Keshav Prasad Maurya likely to resign from position of Deputy CM amid rumours of Mayawati contesting from Phulpur
- Kargil Vijay Diwas: How India evicted Pakistani intruders from the icy heights
- Nitish Kumar to resign? Bihar CM on way to meet Governor Keshari Nath Tripathi
- WATCH: Mithali Raj and Co receive rousing reception at Mumbai airport, on return from England
- Indian daughters, Pakistani daughters-in-law always welcome: Sushma Swaraj's lovely tweet wins hearts
- WATCH: Virat Kohli, Ravi Shastri burst into laughter with Ravindra Jadeja's dressing room act
- Pakistan cricketers set to get richer as PCB receives Rs 230 million from ICC as Champions Trophy prize money
- Amid Doklam stand-off, Army Vice Chief warns 'China bound to be a future threat to India'
- Know how many times Nitish Kumar resigned from govt in past
- RBI stops printing of Rs 2000 note; accelerates production of Rs 200 notes – Know how it will affect you
- Ram Jethmalani quits as Arvind Kejriwal's counsel, asks Delhi CM to clear dues of Rs 2 crore