In this Himachal Pradesh town, popularly known as `Chhoti Kashi`, over 200 deities from hundreds of temples are congregating for the festivities of Mahashivratri.
Himachal Pradesh News
What kind of girl gets bitten by snakes 34 times and lives to tell the tale?
A high as well as medium danger avalanche warning was issued today for some avalanche-prone areas of Jammu-Kashmir and Himachal Pradesh.
25 children were injured when a school bus overturned and fell into a ditch while the driver was trying to overtake another bus near Dehar in Mandi district on Friday morning.
At least 25 school children were injured on Friday when their school bus skidded off the mountain road in Mandi district in Himachal Pradesh, police said.
Intense cold wave conditions eased in lower hills of Himachal Pradesh today as minimum temperatures rose by a few notches across the state.
A Nigerian drug smuggler Okey Chikoo Mathew was arrested on Monday by Kullu district police of Himachal Pradesh with 1 kilogram drug and 550 grams heroin drug. He was arrested from Nawada area under Uttam Nagar police station in Delhi from a private house after the tip of a youth Parveen, belonging to Odisha, who earlier worked for him and was arrested by Delhi Police last week.
It's a big victory for BJP as the saffron party backed panel emerged as winner in Himachal Pradesh University non-Teaching employees association polls.
Himachal Pradesh was rocked by a moderate intensity earthquake on Monday, an official said. There was no loss of life.
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh will present the state budget on March 10, an official said on Saturday.
Patient care in over 700 government hospitals and dispensaries in Himachal Pradesh was again hit on Friday as more than 3,000 doctors went on strike for two hours.
The pre-Holi festival of Basant begins in Kullu with the procession of the palanquin of Local deity Ragunath.
Raising alarm bells for the security agencies, some posters allegedly linked to the world's most dreaded terrorist outfit - Islamic State (IS) – were found near an army cantonment in Himachal Pradesh's Solan district on Tuesday.
Chandigarh-based Snow and Avalanche Study Establishment (SASE) issued the warning that would be valid for the next 24 hours starting at 5 pm on Thursday.
Shimla, Jan 26 (IANS) Several parts of Himachal Pradesh on Thursday received moderate to heavy snowfall, snapping road connectivity to many areas in the higher reaches.
Governor Acharya Devvrat hoisted the flag at the main function at the historic Ridge here.
Several parts of Himachal Pradesh on Thursday received moderate to heavy snow, snapping road connectivity to many areas in the higher reaches.
Meteorological Department has issued a warning of heavy to very heavy snowfall in parts of Jammu and Kashmir and Himachal Pradesh for next two days.
"I think this time there should be a clean sweep in the HP elections," he said addressing the party's 'Tridev Sammelan' at Rait near here.
Shimla saw a slight rise in night temperature. The morning temperature was 1.3 degrees Celsius, a marginal rise from Wednesday, the weather office here said.
The entire tribal belt of Lahaul and Spiti, Kinnaur, Pangi and Bharmaur and upper areas of Shimla, Kullu and Sirmaur were cut off from rest of the state while mid and higher hills today received second heavy snowfall of the season and the lower hills experienced widespread rains.
There was no respite from piercing cold wave sweeping across Himachal Pradesh today, even though minimum temperatures rose by a few notches.
Icicles formed in a large part of this Himachal Pradesh capital after many years with the minimum temperature remaining below sub-zero on the sixth consecutive day on Thursday. The weathermen forecast more rain and snow later this weekend.
Most parts of Himachal Pradesh reeled under biting cold conditions as the state capital Shimla and tourist destination Manali experienced the season's coldest night with temperatures dipping to minus 3.3C and minus 6.6C respectively.
Power and water supply were disrupted and traffic on roads remained affected due to the heavy snowfall.
A medium danger avalanche warning has been issued for some avalanche prone districts of Jammu and Kashmir and Himachal Pradesh as north India witnessed heavy snowfall across the two states since Friday.
A medium danger avalanche warning was issued on Saturday for some avalanche prone districts of Jammu and Kashmir and Himachal Pradesh.
Popular tourist destinations Shimla, Manali and Dalhousie remained cut off throughout Saturday from the rest of Himachal Pradesh following continuous snowfall, officials said.
This was the season`s first significant snowfall that froze the "Queen of Hills", as Shimla was fondly called by the British.
The tourist resorts of Kufri and Narkanda near Shimla experienced mild snow in the past 24 hours, the weather bureau said on Monday, triggering a rush of tourists.
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- DNA: BJP President Amit Shah's Exclusive interview
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- LPG Gas Cylinder blasts in a restaurant in Delhi's Vikash Puri area killed 2 firemen, 2 injured
- DNA: Today in history, 24 February, 2017
- Watch - Shivratri festival being observed with great enthusiasm across the country
- Delighted to be a part of Maha Shivratri celebrations: PM Modi in Coimbatore
- DNA: Why Farooq Abdullah is having so much love towards anti-nationals?
- ABVP, SFI activists clash in Pune University; many injured
- DNA: Former CM Kalikho Pul’s suicide note casts corruption allegations on judiciary
- DNA : Today in history, 23 February
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details
- Watch: Ravindra Jadeja teases Aussie captain Steve Smith with hilarious impersonation
- Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh break-up? Here's what the 'Padmavati' star has to say!
- With love from Pakistan: Grant Elliot's unique PSL celebration has conquered the world — WATCH
- Zee Media Exclusive: BJP will win 300+ seats in Uttar Pradesh, says Amit Shah
- WATCH: Ravindra Jadeja cannot stop laughing after bowling one of the worst balls ever in Test cricket
- Kanpur train derailment: PM Narendra Modi hints at Pakistan hand
- Arun Jaitley's sarcastic take on Congress – Here's what he said