In this Himachal Pradesh town, popularly known as `Chhoti Kashi`, over 200 deities from hundreds of temples are congregating for the festivities of Mahashivratri.
Himachal Pradesh News
What kind of girl gets bitten by snakes 34 times and lives to tell the tale?
A high as well as medium danger avalanche warning was issued today for some avalanche-prone areas of Jammu-Kashmir and Himachal Pradesh.
25 children were injured when a school bus overturned and fell into a ditch while the driver was trying to overtake another bus near Dehar in Mandi district on Friday morning.
At least 25 school children were injured on Friday when their school bus skidded off the mountain road in Mandi district in Himachal Pradesh, police said.
Intense cold wave conditions eased in lower hills of Himachal Pradesh today as minimum temperatures rose by a few notches across the state.
A Nigerian drug smuggler Okey Chikoo Mathew was arrested on Monday by Kullu district police of Himachal Pradesh with 1 kilogram drug and 550 grams heroin drug. He was arrested from Nawada area under Uttam Nagar police station in Delhi from a private house after the tip of a youth Parveen, belonging to Odisha, who earlier worked for him and was arrested by Delhi Police last week.
It's a big victory for BJP as the saffron party backed panel emerged as winner in Himachal Pradesh University non-Teaching employees association polls.
Himachal Pradesh was rocked by a moderate intensity earthquake on Monday, an official said. There was no loss of life.
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh will present the state budget on March 10, an official said on Saturday.
Patient care in over 700 government hospitals and dispensaries in Himachal Pradesh was again hit on Friday as more than 3,000 doctors went on strike for two hours.
The pre-Holi festival of Basant begins in Kullu with the procession of the palanquin of Local deity Ragunath.
Raising alarm bells for the security agencies, some posters allegedly linked to the world's most dreaded terrorist outfit - Islamic State (IS) – were found near an army cantonment in Himachal Pradesh's Solan district on Tuesday.
Chandigarh-based Snow and Avalanche Study Establishment (SASE) issued the warning that would be valid for the next 24 hours starting at 5 pm on Thursday.
Shimla, Jan 26 (IANS) Several parts of Himachal Pradesh on Thursday received moderate to heavy snowfall, snapping road connectivity to many areas in the higher reaches.
Governor Acharya Devvrat hoisted the flag at the main function at the historic Ridge here.
Several parts of Himachal Pradesh on Thursday received moderate to heavy snow, snapping road connectivity to many areas in the higher reaches.
Meteorological Department has issued a warning of heavy to very heavy snowfall in parts of Jammu and Kashmir and Himachal Pradesh for next two days.
"I think this time there should be a clean sweep in the HP elections," he said addressing the party's 'Tridev Sammelan' at Rait near here.
Shimla saw a slight rise in night temperature. The morning temperature was 1.3 degrees Celsius, a marginal rise from Wednesday, the weather office here said.
The entire tribal belt of Lahaul and Spiti, Kinnaur, Pangi and Bharmaur and upper areas of Shimla, Kullu and Sirmaur were cut off from rest of the state while mid and higher hills today received second heavy snowfall of the season and the lower hills experienced widespread rains.
There was no respite from piercing cold wave sweeping across Himachal Pradesh today, even though minimum temperatures rose by a few notches.
Icicles formed in a large part of this Himachal Pradesh capital after many years with the minimum temperature remaining below sub-zero on the sixth consecutive day on Thursday. The weathermen forecast more rain and snow later this weekend.
Most parts of Himachal Pradesh reeled under biting cold conditions as the state capital Shimla and tourist destination Manali experienced the season's coldest night with temperatures dipping to minus 3.3C and minus 6.6C respectively.
Power and water supply were disrupted and traffic on roads remained affected due to the heavy snowfall.
A medium danger avalanche warning has been issued for some avalanche prone districts of Jammu and Kashmir and Himachal Pradesh as north India witnessed heavy snowfall across the two states since Friday.
A medium danger avalanche warning was issued on Saturday for some avalanche prone districts of Jammu and Kashmir and Himachal Pradesh.
Popular tourist destinations Shimla, Manali and Dalhousie remained cut off throughout Saturday from the rest of Himachal Pradesh following continuous snowfall, officials said.
This was the season`s first significant snowfall that froze the "Queen of Hills", as Shimla was fondly called by the British.
The tourist resorts of Kufri and Narkanda near Shimla experienced mild snow in the past 24 hours, the weather bureau said on Monday, triggering a rush of tourists.
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- DNA: Indian soldiers shown as superheroes in comic series
- DNA: Are our soldiers upset over the anti-national atmosphere in the country?
- Andhra Pradesh: Bus accident in Krishna district kills 6, many injured
- DNA: Today in History | February 27, 2017
- UP polls: Development meaningless without Ram Mandir, says BJP's Vinay Katiyar
- Delhi HC rejects Mukhtar Ansari's parole plea for campaigning in UP polls
- UP: At least 20 children injured as school bus overturns in Kanpur
- India capable of building space station, says ISRO chief Kiran Kumar
- ABVP stages flag march from Ramjas College to DU's Faculty of Arts
- Watch - Mayawati's new strategy to win UP polls
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL
- Drunk businessman molests air hostesses on Jet Airways Mumbai-Nagpur flight
- BMC elections results: Both BJP, Shiv Sena should share Mumbai Mayor's post for 2.5 years each, says RSS
- THIS girl wanted Narendra Modi's 'Shiva stole', she tweeted her wish; you won't believe what PM did!
- Kansas shooting: White House breaks silence days after Indian techie's killing, says `early reports` are disturbing
- Ramjas protest: ABVP member's serious allegation on AISA activists, says 'they tore my kurta, misbehaved during clash'
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Is it right to support someone who doesn't support the nation? Asks Babita Phogat
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Virender Sehwag breaks silence over viral tweet, says it wasn't meant for Kargil martyr's daughter
- 'India needs to acknowledge its asymmetry with China'