1 in 20 Brit kids think Sir Bob Geldof discovered gravity!
London: A new shocking survey has revealed that one in twenty children in Britain believe that pop singer Sir Bob Geldof founded theory of gravity instead of Sir Isaac Newton.
The misinformation or the unawareness continues to 12 percent of pupils thinking that the Battle of the Somme is a famous painting and not the bloodiest battle of the First World War.
Five thousand children in the age group of five to 15 were questioned by Premier Inn but the results have left everyone dismayed.
“There seems to be a lot of confusion when it comes to children and historical events. Isaac Newton would not be happy to learn Bob Geldof is getting the credit for unveiling the concept of gravity,” the Daily Express quoted Steve Conway from Premier Inn as saying.
The survey also showed that one in 10 were baffled Winston Churchill was Prime Minister during the Second World War.
In fact one in 20 said Harry Potter author, JK Rowling, wrote Jane Austen’s novel Pride and Prejudice.
Conway suggested: “By picking up a book, exploring the UK and learning a bit more about the history which surrounds different towns and cities, children can become much more clued-up.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says