10-year-old becomes Russia`s youngest inventor
Moscow: A 10-year-old Moscow girl has become Russia`s youngest inventor after she patented her own print-making method.
According to the Moskovsky Komsomolets daily, Anastasia Rodimina patented her own method of monotyping -- a print-making technique when a smooth surface is covered by paint and a piece of paper then pressed to it to make a single print.
Under Rodimina`s patented method, which she named "energoinformation monotyping", a monotype is covered by a paper application and put in direct sunlight to let the unprotected ink fade.
The discovery was made accidentally when the girl forgot one of her monotypes, partially covered by a piece of paper, on a windowsill. She eventually discovered that though ink on most of the picture has faded, colours remained unaffected under the piece of paper, creating a unique pattern.
Relatives said a neurology hospital has expressed interest in the invention, which it plans to use as a part of art therapy.
An advertising agency said it was also interested in using Rodimina`s monotyping technology.
The girl said she wanted to use her invention to create a game "helping children to develop their imagination".
Until recently, Russia`s youngest inventor was 11-year-old Vladislav Koren from Angarsk in Siberia`s Irkutsk region. Last year, he successfully patented his own version of a slot car racetrack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation