104 polling stations in Yavatmal sensitive
Yavatmal: The district administration is
fully prepared to conduct elections in all the seven assembly
constituencies in Yavatmal, the District Collector and Chief
Returning Officer Sanjay Deshmukh said at a press conference
here on Monday.
According to Deshmukh, 104 out of 2185 polling stations
in the district have been identified as sensitive and security
arrangements have been beefed up at these places.
Most of the sensitive polling stations are located in
Digras and Pusad constituencies, he added.
Regarding the law and order situation, the SP of Yavatmal
Rajeh Pradhan said the police have taken various preventive
Regarding the violation of Model Code of Conduct, 56
cases have been registered and many candidates have been
booked for violation of the code, he said.
Over 3000 police personnel and six companies of Central
Reserve Police have been deployed for the smooth conduct of
the election, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video