104 polling stations in Yavatmal sensitive
Yavatmal: The district administration is
fully prepared to conduct elections in all the seven assembly
constituencies in Yavatmal, the District Collector and Chief
Returning Officer Sanjay Deshmukh said at a press conference
here on Monday.
According to Deshmukh, 104 out of 2185 polling stations
in the district have been identified as sensitive and security
arrangements have been beefed up at these places.
Most of the sensitive polling stations are located in
Digras and Pusad constituencies, he added.
Regarding the law and order situation, the SP of Yavatmal
Rajeh Pradhan said the police have taken various preventive
Regarding the violation of Model Code of Conduct, 56
cases have been registered and many candidates have been
booked for violation of the code, he said.
Over 3000 police personnel and six companies of Central
Reserve Police have been deployed for the smooth conduct of
the election, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof