104 polling stations in Yavatmal sensitive
Yavatmal: The district administration is
fully prepared to conduct elections in all the seven assembly
constituencies in Yavatmal, the District Collector and Chief
Returning Officer Sanjay Deshmukh said at a press conference
here on Monday.
According to Deshmukh, 104 out of 2185 polling stations
in the district have been identified as sensitive and security
arrangements have been beefed up at these places.
Most of the sensitive polling stations are located in
Digras and Pusad constituencies, he added.
Regarding the law and order situation, the SP of Yavatmal
Rajeh Pradhan said the police have taken various preventive
Regarding the violation of Model Code of Conduct, 56
cases have been registered and many candidates have been
booked for violation of the code, he said.
Over 3000 police personnel and six companies of Central
Reserve Police have been deployed for the smooth conduct of
the election, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says