104 polling stations in Yavatmal sensitive
Yavatmal: The district administration is
fully prepared to conduct elections in all the seven assembly
constituencies in Yavatmal, the District Collector and Chief
Returning Officer Sanjay Deshmukh said at a press conference
here on Monday.
According to Deshmukh, 104 out of 2185 polling stations
in the district have been identified as sensitive and security
arrangements have been beefed up at these places.
Most of the sensitive polling stations are located in
Digras and Pusad constituencies, he added.
Regarding the law and order situation, the SP of Yavatmal
Rajeh Pradhan said the police have taken various preventive
Regarding the violation of Model Code of Conduct, 56
cases have been registered and many candidates have been
booked for violation of the code, he said.
Over 3000 police personnel and six companies of Central
Reserve Police have been deployed for the smooth conduct of
the election, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!