120 tombs found in China construction site
Beijing: Around 120 ancient tombs from different periods have been discovered at a construction site in China`s Guangzhou city.
Covering an area of 8,000 square metres, the tombs are from the Western and Eastern Han dynasties, the Three Kingdoms period as well as the Jin, Sui, Tang, Song, Ming and Qing dynasties, the People`s Daily reported.
Around 900 delicate artefacts have also been unearthed.
Experts say that so many ancient tombs were located near the construction site because people in ancient times believed this place had good fengshui, an ancient form of mysticism that focuses on channelling supernatural energy through positioning of objects.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'