120 tombs found in China construction site
Beijing: Around 120 ancient tombs from different periods have been discovered at a construction site in China`s Guangzhou city.
Covering an area of 8,000 square metres, the tombs are from the Western and Eastern Han dynasties, the Three Kingdoms period as well as the Jin, Sui, Tang, Song, Ming and Qing dynasties, the People`s Daily reported.
Around 900 delicate artefacts have also been unearthed.
Experts say that so many ancient tombs were located near the construction site because people in ancient times believed this place had good fengshui, an ancient form of mysticism that focuses on channelling supernatural energy through positioning of objects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened