120 tombs found in China construction site
Beijing: Around 120 ancient tombs from different periods have been discovered at a construction site in China`s Guangzhou city.
Covering an area of 8,000 square metres, the tombs are from the Western and Eastern Han dynasties, the Three Kingdoms period as well as the Jin, Sui, Tang, Song, Ming and Qing dynasties, the People`s Daily reported.
Around 900 delicate artefacts have also been unearthed.
Experts say that so many ancient tombs were located near the construction site because people in ancient times believed this place had good fengshui, an ancient form of mysticism that focuses on channelling supernatural energy through positioning of objects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation