2 dead, 3 injured as building collapses in Faridabad
Faridabad: Two persons were killed and at
least three others injured when a three-storey shopping
complex collapsed this afternoon in this satellite township of
the national capital.
Several others are also feared trapped inside the debris
of the `City Centre` which collapsed at around 12.45 pm,
Deputy Commissioner Praveen Kumar told news agencies. The complex is
located in New Industrial Township (NIT) Phase-I.
Sources said repair work was going on in the top floor of
the building and heavy machines were installed there.
Asked whether the reason for the collapse was the
installation of a heavy generator on top of the building,
Kumar said, "It could be."
According to Kumar, two people working in the shopping
complex were killed while at least three others were injured
in the incident.
"We took out five people from the debris. Two were dead
while three others are in hospital undergoing treatment. Some
others are feared trapped inside the debris," he said.
The debris clearance operations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack