2 dead, 3 injured as building collapses in Faridabad
Faridabad: Two persons were killed and at
least three others injured when a three-storey shopping
complex collapsed this afternoon in this satellite township of
the national capital.
Several others are also feared trapped inside the debris
of the `City Centre` which collapsed at around 12.45 pm,
Deputy Commissioner Praveen Kumar told news agencies. The complex is
located in New Industrial Township (NIT) Phase-I.
Sources said repair work was going on in the top floor of
the building and heavy machines were installed there.
Asked whether the reason for the collapse was the
installation of a heavy generator on top of the building,
Kumar said, "It could be."
According to Kumar, two people working in the shopping
complex were killed while at least three others were injured
in the incident.
"We took out five people from the debris. Two were dead
while three others are in hospital undergoing treatment. Some
others are feared trapped inside the debris," he said.
The debris clearance operations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender