2 dead, 3 injured as building collapses in Faridabad
Faridabad: Two persons were killed and at
least three others injured when a three-storey shopping
complex collapsed this afternoon in this satellite township of
the national capital.
Several others are also feared trapped inside the debris
of the `City Centre` which collapsed at around 12.45 pm,
Deputy Commissioner Praveen Kumar told news agencies. The complex is
located in New Industrial Township (NIT) Phase-I.
Sources said repair work was going on in the top floor of
the building and heavy machines were installed there.
Asked whether the reason for the collapse was the
installation of a heavy generator on top of the building,
Kumar said, "It could be."
According to Kumar, two people working in the shopping
complex were killed while at least three others were injured
in the incident.
"We took out five people from the debris. Two were dead
while three others are in hospital undergoing treatment. Some
others are feared trapped inside the debris," he said.
The debris clearance operations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?