2 dead, 3 injured as building collapses in Faridabad
Faridabad: Two persons were killed and at
least three others injured when a three-storey shopping
complex collapsed this afternoon in this satellite township of
the national capital.
Several others are also feared trapped inside the debris
of the `City Centre` which collapsed at around 12.45 pm,
Deputy Commissioner Praveen Kumar told news agencies. The complex is
located in New Industrial Township (NIT) Phase-I.
Sources said repair work was going on in the top floor of
the building and heavy machines were installed there.
Asked whether the reason for the collapse was the
installation of a heavy generator on top of the building,
Kumar said, "It could be."
According to Kumar, two people working in the shopping
complex were killed while at least three others were injured
in the incident.
"We took out five people from the debris. Two were dead
while three others are in hospital undergoing treatment. Some
others are feared trapped inside the debris," he said.
The debris clearance operations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH