20 school children injured in bus fire, seven serious
Mumbai: Twenty school children were injured,
seven seriously, when the school bus in which they were
travelling caught fire on Thursday in Navi Mumbai, police said.
The bus was carrying 25 students of CKT School in New
Panvel when it caught fire at 0700 hrs, they said.
"Seven students sustained severe burn injuries. Five of
them have been admitted to National Burns Hospital and two at
Masina hospital," Ahmed Pathan, Inspector of Panvel police
The five children admitted at National Burns hospital
have been identified as Ronit Gore, Ankita Kurgale, Neeraj
Kurgale, Ankit Pokshe and Ajinkya Dangare. The two admitted to
Masina hospital in Byculla are Koustab Puranik and Riya Gupte.
Of the remaining 13 injured, six have been admitted to
National Burns Centre, two admitted to Masina Hospital and
others at Lifeline and MGM hospitals in Panvel, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read