2,000 Tagore paintings be digitised
Kolkata: Nearly 2,000 paintings by Nobel laureate Rabindranath Tagore are being digitised and the process is almost complete, secretary in the union culture ministry Jawhar Sircar said Monday.Sircar said the digitised version of Tagore`s paintings will come out in four volumes.
"The process of digitisation was taken up to help those whom Rabindranath admires who wanted to see his paintings as most of them were scattered over various places," he said.
Tagore took up painting at the age 63 in the year 1924. Tagore is also referred as the India`s first modern artist.
"We had given the responsibility of digitising to Viswa Bharati University authorities and they have done really well," Sarkar said at a programme celebrating the 150th birth anniversary of Tagore here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II