2012 Olympic torch not coming to Pakistan
Lausanne: The Olympics Committee has decided that the 2012 Olympics torch will not come to Pakistan due to security reasons.
Representing peace, unity and friendship, the flame will be carried by 8000 inspirational torchbearers all across the world.
However, the torch will not pass through Pakistan, as the security situation in the country has been unstable in recent years.
The Pakistan Olympics Committee (POC) Secretary also confirmed the report, saying that the prestigious torch will not come to Pakistan for the next Olympics, a daily reports.
East Londoner’s Edward Barber and Jay Osgerby have designed the torch for the 2012 Olympics, which will be held in London.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble