2012 Olympic torch not coming to Pakistan
Lausanne: The Olympics Committee has decided that the 2012 Olympics torch will not come to Pakistan due to security reasons.
Representing peace, unity and friendship, the flame will be carried by 8000 inspirational torchbearers all across the world.
However, the torch will not pass through Pakistan, as the security situation in the country has been unstable in recent years.
The Pakistan Olympics Committee (POC) Secretary also confirmed the report, saying that the prestigious torch will not come to Pakistan for the next Olympics, a daily reports.
East Londoner’s Edward Barber and Jay Osgerby have designed the torch for the 2012 Olympics, which will be held in London.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence