25 countries to get iPad a week after US launch
Cupertino: After the new iPad goes on sale Friday in the US and nine other countries, Apple will make the tablet computer available in 25 additional countries a week later, mostly in Europe.
The new iPad is Apple`s third version and sports a faster processing chip and a sharper screen. It works with a faster cellular network called 4G.
The countries getting the device on March 23 are Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Macau, Mexico, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden.
Besides the US, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, countries getting it Friday are Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, Switzerland and the United Kingdom. Sales begin at 8 a.m. local time.
Apple has already stopped taking advance orders for Friday and said customers should expect a two- to three-week wait for purchases made Wednesday through its online store.
That means those who haven`t ordered yet have to visit a retail store in person if they want it on Friday. Lines are likely to form hours ahead of opening.
Apple said the iPad will be sold in the U.S. at Best Buy, Radio Shack, Sam`s Club, Target and Walmart, in addition to Apple`s own stores. The basic iPad will retail for $499 to $699, depending on the amount of storage. Models capable of accessing the 4G cellular network will cost $629 to $829. Customers who want 4G models will have to choose either AT&T or Verizon Wireless in the U.S. ahead of time.
The company will still sell the previous model, the iPad 2, for $100 off the old price. The basic model now costs $399 and the cellular version, working with 3G networks, costs $529.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal