260 Guatemalans cook 1,200 dishes
Guatemala City: Around 260 Guatemalan chefs set a new Guinness record by preparing 1,200 different dishes.
According to the restaurateurs association, Guatemala beat the previous record of 1,028 dishes set by Turkey last April.
The president of the restaurateurs association, Peter Meng, said the feat Thursday night wrapped up the 2009 Food Fair.
The judging was based on flavour, variety and that all the dishes prepared, many typical of Guatemalan cuisine, be eatable, according to the Guinness adjudicator Carl Saville.
In a straight line, the dishes extended 1,300 meters long.
Saville was in charge of certifying the new Guinness record established by Guatemala.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?