3 ADAG firms under scanner for violating ECB norms: Govt
New Delhi: The government today said three
firms of Anil Ambani group - Reliance Infrastructure, Reliance
Natural Resources and Reliance Communication -- have violated
overseas debt norms.
The matter pertaining to Reliance Infrastructure has been
referred to Enforcement Directorate over non-payment of
penalty and that of RNRL for further probe, also by ED.
In a written reply in Rajya Sabha, Minister of state for
Finance Namo Narain Meena said end-use violations have been
observed by RBI in respect of two external commercial
borrowing transactions by Reliance Infrastructure -- 360
million dollars and 150 million dollars.
The company brought the proceeds raised through the ECBs
to India and kept these invested in debt mutual funds, pending
utilisation for the declared end-use in gross violation of the
existing guidelines, he said.
A penalty of Rs 124.68 crore was imposed on Reliance
Infrastructure, he said, adding that since it did not pay the
penalty in accordance with the rules and provisions of FEMA,
the violations were referred to the Directorate of Enforcement
(DoE) in December, 2008 for adjudication.
Reliance Natural Resources Ltd issued foreign currency
convertible bonds of 300 million dollars for the purpose of
project under the automatic route. As much as 275 million
dollars (Rs 1,127 crore) were brought to India in May, 2007
and were parked in debt mutual funds pending utilisation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi