360 poll stations very sensitive in Dhubri
Dhubri: As many as 360 polling stations
have been marked "very sensitive" of the total 1366 in lower
Assam`s Dhubri district which goes to assembly poll in the
second phase of Assam election on April 11.
While 360 polling stations have been identified as
"very sensitive", 495 are marked "sensitive", state
election commission sources said here today.
There are seven assembly constituencies in the
district comprising Dhubri, Gouripur, Golakganj, Bilasipara
(East), Bilasipara (West), Mankachar and South Salmara.
The process of nomination has started from March 18
while the last date for filing of nomination is March 25.
Dhubri Deputy Commissioner Sunil Dutta said 5464
polling officials will be involved in the election process and
there will be strict vigilance on the election code of
The law and order situation has been reviewed and for
smooth conduct of poll the district has been divided into 17
zones with 146 sectors, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'