360 poll stations very sensitive in Dhubri
Dhubri: As many as 360 polling stations
have been marked "very sensitive" of the total 1366 in lower
Assam`s Dhubri district which goes to assembly poll in the
second phase of Assam election on April 11.
While 360 polling stations have been identified as
"very sensitive", 495 are marked "sensitive", state
election commission sources said here today.
There are seven assembly constituencies in the
district comprising Dhubri, Gouripur, Golakganj, Bilasipara
(East), Bilasipara (West), Mankachar and South Salmara.
The process of nomination has started from March 18
while the last date for filing of nomination is March 25.
Dhubri Deputy Commissioner Sunil Dutta said 5464
polling officials will be involved in the election process and
there will be strict vigilance on the election code of
The law and order situation has been reviewed and for
smooth conduct of poll the district has been divided into 17
zones with 146 sectors, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt