37 atheletes and officials arrive for CWG
New Delhi: Thirty-seven athletes and team officials from 11 nations and territories arrived here Saturday for the Oct 3-14 Commonwealth Games.
The largest contingent to arrive was a 23-member delegation from Trinidad and Tobago, including athletes and officials for aquatics, archery, boxing, gymnastics and squash, as well as a team doctor.
Three more team officials from England and Cameroon team official Desire Vincent Tsanga Adzigui were among the arrivals.
Five chefs de mission - Shelley Burich (Samoa), Tuelo Serufho (Botswana), Elizabeth Renay Petersen (Namibia), France Simon Lespoir (Seychelles) and Mohammed Beade Sahnoon (Ghana) - as well as Samoa team official Tagifano Taosoga and Botswana team general manager Game Gynnith were among those who arrived Saturday.
The others to arrive were Isle of Man double trap shooter Timothy James Kneale, Guyana`s full bore shooter Mahendra Persaud and Trinidad and Tobago`s squash player Colin Ramasra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!