Burdwan: Four people have been reported dead and more than 150 fell ill after eating ‘prasaad’ in a temple here on late Monday evening.
According to reports in West Bengal’s Burdwan district, hundreds of devotees had congregated in a temple where after eating ‘prasaad’, they started feeling giddiness. Several people fell unconscious and rushed to nearby hospital where four people reportedly died.
As many as 150 are reported to have fallen ill. Report suggest that the ‘prasaad’ contained some poisonous substance. Authorities are taking stock of the situation.