6 convicted, 5 acquitted in Kandhamal riot case
Phulbani (Orissa): A local court in Kandhamal
today sentenced six persons to three years imprisonment and
slapped a fine of Rs 4,000 each, while acquitting five others
in a case relating to the communal riot in the district last
The judgement was pronounced by the fast track court
judge C R Das.
All the 11 accused were booked for burning houses of
people belonging to a particular community at Mundasahi
village under Phiringia police station area on January 9,
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan