67% entrepreneurs pursuing new mkt opportunities: Survey
Dubai: As many as 67 per cent of the world’s best entrepreneurs are pursuing new market opportunities, a recent survey has pointed out.
While for 40 per cent of the entrepreneurs, the second
priority is to improve performance, an Ernst & Young study
`Seizing Opportunities: redefining growth in a turbulent
economy` has revealed.
The survey highlights that entrepreneurs are focusing on
the positives and looking for strategic growth instead of
being moved down by the current economic downturn.
Findings show that despite current pressures, 40 per cent
of the surveyed entrepreneurs have not increased focus on cash
generation from operations and for 16 per cent of them
reshaping their business is not a high priority.
This also indicates that they have sufficient cash
reserves or can access alternate sources of cash to approach
Adapting to new realities has driven them to bring in
structural changes like rewarding key people (89 per cent),
increasing productivity through reduced costs (90 per cent)
and decreasing investments in capital projects (29 per cent).
However, there is a split over to increase or decrease
exposure to risk with the majority of the surveyed
entrepreneurs having retained their encouragement and reward
of measured risk-taking.
The survey was conducted among 3,100 finalists from Ernst
& Young`s `Entrepreneur Of The Year` program from more than 50
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed