7 more die in Bihar floods; toll mounts to 23
Patna: With seven more deaths reported
from across Bihar, the toll due to floods in the state mounted
to 23 on Wednesday.
Three deaths were reported in Darbhanga, two in
Muzaffarpur and one each in Sitamarhi and Supaul since last
Darbhanga alone claimed the maximum 10 deaths followed by
Muzaffarpur (six) two each in Purnia, Kishanganj, Sitamarhi
and one in Supaul, an official at the state disaster
management cell said today.
Around one million people of 11 districts -- Darbhanga,
West Champaran, Gopalganj, Sitamarhi, Muzaffarpur, Saharsa,
Supaul, Madehpura, Katihar, Araria and Purnia -- have been
affected due to the floods.
According to a report from Darbhanga, over 100 villages
spread over 13 blocks in Darbhanga were reeling under swirling
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar is likely to undertake an
aerial survey of the flood-hit areas tomorrow.
A Central Water Commission report said Kosi, Kamala
Balan, Mahananda, Bagmati and Adhwara groups of rivers
were flowing above the danger mark.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened