70 books, 2,000 years old, found in Jordan
London: A total of 70 books, made of lead and dating back to over 2,000 years, have been found in a cave in Jordan.
These could be some of the ¬earliest Christian scriptures, and a major discovery in Christian history, experts said.
"We are looking at a very important and significant discovery, maybe the most important discovery in the history of archaeology," Ziad al-Saad, of Jor¬dan`s Department of Antiquities, was quoted as saying by a leading daily.
David Elkington, head of a British team trying to get the books into a museum in ¬Jordan, said: "It`s a breathtaking thought that we have held these objects that might have been held by the early saints of the Church."
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative