70 books, 2,000 years old, found in Jordan
London: A total of 70 books, made of lead and dating back to over 2,000 years, have been found in a cave in Jordan.
These could be some of the ¬earliest Christian scriptures, and a major discovery in Christian history, experts said.
"We are looking at a very important and significant discovery, maybe the most important discovery in the history of archaeology," Ziad al-Saad, of Jor¬dan`s Department of Antiquities, was quoted as saying by a leading daily.
David Elkington, head of a British team trying to get the books into a museum in ¬Jordan, said: "It`s a breathtaking thought that we have held these objects that might have been held by the early saints of the Church."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Not given chance to explore my acting abilities: Shamita Shetty
- Sakshi Malik expresses desire to meet Virender Sehwag – Read Viru's HILARIOUS reply
- Airtel upgrades over 9,000 network sites under Open Network
- Thrilled to be a grandfather: Boman Irani
- Misbah-ul-Haq's conversation with wife Uzma on Twitter is a HUGE hit on the internet!