70 books, 2,000 years old, found in Jordan
London: A total of 70 books, made of lead and dating back to over 2,000 years, have been found in a cave in Jordan.
These could be some of the ¬earliest Christian scriptures, and a major discovery in Christian history, experts said.
"We are looking at a very important and significant discovery, maybe the most important discovery in the history of archaeology," Ziad al-Saad, of Jor¬dan`s Department of Antiquities, was quoted as saying by a leading daily.
David Elkington, head of a British team trying to get the books into a museum in ¬Jordan, said: "It`s a breathtaking thought that we have held these objects that might have been held by the early saints of the Church."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!