70 books, 2,000 years old, found in Jordan
London: A total of 70 books, made of lead and dating back to over 2,000 years, have been found in a cave in Jordan.
These could be some of the ¬earliest Christian scriptures, and a major discovery in Christian history, experts said.
"We are looking at a very important and significant discovery, maybe the most important discovery in the history of archaeology," Ziad al-Saad, of Jor¬dan`s Department of Antiquities, was quoted as saying by a leading daily.
David Elkington, head of a British team trying to get the books into a museum in ¬Jordan, said: "It`s a breathtaking thought that we have held these objects that might have been held by the early saints of the Church."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users