70 books, 2,000 years old, found in Jordan
London: A total of 70 books, made of lead and dating back to over 2,000 years, have been found in a cave in Jordan.
These could be some of the ¬earliest Christian scriptures, and a major discovery in Christian history, experts said.
"We are looking at a very important and significant discovery, maybe the most important discovery in the history of archaeology," Ziad al-Saad, of Jor¬dan`s Department of Antiquities, was quoted as saying by a leading daily.
David Elkington, head of a British team trying to get the books into a museum in ¬Jordan, said: "It`s a breathtaking thought that we have held these objects that might have been held by the early saints of the Church."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch