73.92 per cent polling in Himachal
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh recorded second highest polling percentage of 73.92 in elections to 68 member Assembly on November 4 as per the final figures compiled by the state Election Commission.
However, these figures did not include the postal ballots and percentage may slightly go up, state election department officials said.
Earlier, the election office had given the provisional figure of 74.62 per cent, which was higher than the highest ever polling of 74.51 per cent in 2003, but the final figures show marginal fall of 0.59 per cent as compared to previous highest polling.
Maintaining the trend of past three elections, the women voter exceeded men and 17,04,023 (77.05 per cent) female 16,47,388 (70.93 per cent) male cast their votes.
The percentage of female voters was higher as compared to men in six out of twelve districts of Shimla, Chamba, Mandi, Solan, Sirmaur and Kullu.
However, women voters exceeded men in remaining districts of Bilaspur, Una, Hamirpur, Kangra, Kinnuar and Lahaul and Spiti.
Chamba district recorded 75.63 per cent polling and 23,9062 electors exercised their franchise, while in Kangra, 71.80 per cent polling was recorded and 76,1976 voters exercised their franchise.
Hamirpur and Shimla districts recorded lowest polling of 69.23 per cent and 69.10 per cent respectively. 35,6930 voters in Shimla and 240149 voters cast their vote in Hamirpur district.
Highest polling of 79.86 per cent was registered in Sirmaur district where 24,7100 voters cast their vote while in Solan district, polling was 77.65 per cent and out of total 330959 electors, 256985 electors cast their vote.
The tribal constituencies of Kinnaur, Lahaul and Spiti recorded 73.55 per cent and 74.97 per cent polling and 8073 male and 8352 were female voters cast their votes in Lahaul and Spiti and 18891 male and 18902 female voters in Kinnaur.
The polling was heavy at 75.59 per cent in second largest Mandi district, while in Solan district 77.65 per cent polling was recorded.
In Kullu district 21,0957 electors cast their vote while Una district recorded 73.87 per cent polling.
In Bilaspur district the polling was high at 73.25 per cent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video