80 percent turnout at India`s highest poll booth
Shimla: India`s highest polling booth in Lahaul-Spiti district Sunday recorded 80 percent turnout for the Himachal Pradesh assembly elections, an official said.
At the Hikkim polling station, located at an altitude of 14,567 feet, 267 voters out of the 333 eligible electors cast their votes, an election official said.
In the 2009 parliamentary elections, the Hikkim station recorded 69 percent turnout.
That year, 243 of 321 voters exercised their franchise.
Meanwhile, at the Ka polling station in Kinnaur district, which has the lowest number of just 18 electors, there was a 100 percent turnout.
Votes will be counted Dec 20.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma