$800mn Ben Hur-based theme park to be built in Italy
Washington: A theme park, costing 800 million dollars, is being built in Rome based on movie classic Ben Hur.
Oscar-winning production designer Dante Ferretti is doing the job of creating the park, Cinecitta World, which will be modelled on Hollywood`s Universal Studios and also draw inspiration from the iconic movies shot in the historical city, most notably the work of legendary director Federico Fellini, reports Contactmusic.
The park will occupy part of producer Dino De Laurentiis` former studio south of the city, according to Daily Variety.
Construction is slated to begin next year (10).
The park is likely to open in 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal