$800mn Ben Hur-based theme park to be built in Italy
Washington: A theme park, costing 800 million dollars, is being built in Rome based on movie classic Ben Hur.
Oscar-winning production designer Dante Ferretti is doing the job of creating the park, Cinecitta World, which will be modelled on Hollywood`s Universal Studios and also draw inspiration from the iconic movies shot in the historical city, most notably the work of legendary director Federico Fellini, reports Contactmusic.
The park will occupy part of producer Dino De Laurentiis` former studio south of the city, according to Daily Variety.
Construction is slated to begin next year (10).
The park is likely to open in 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi