$800mn Ben Hur-based theme park to be built in Italy
Washington: A theme park, costing 800 million dollars, is being built in Rome based on movie classic Ben Hur.
Oscar-winning production designer Dante Ferretti is doing the job of creating the park, Cinecitta World, which will be modelled on Hollywood`s Universal Studios and also draw inspiration from the iconic movies shot in the historical city, most notably the work of legendary director Federico Fellini, reports Contactmusic.
The park will occupy part of producer Dino De Laurentiis` former studio south of the city, according to Daily Variety.
Construction is slated to begin next year (10).
The park is likely to open in 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- MS Dhoni backs Virat Kohli-led team India to claim No. 1 spot in Tests by the end of home season
- I want to play a warrior: Tabu
- Weeds, less water could spell death for Chandigarh's Sukhna Lake
- F&B giant Pepsico end decade-long association with India's ODI captain MS Dhoni
- Committee flags gaps, vulnerability in Indo-Pak border fencing